Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mudvayne picture

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Coutts_is_god, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Anyone give me a link to that picture of Rayn coverd in blood giving the double devil horns

please

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Whoa!

Not too familiar with Mudvayne. From the looks of that picture and description, I'm going to stay away.

-Mike

3. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    It's stupid they banned/censored that in the UK.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

Well, it is certainly understandable how someone could be offended by it.

-Mike

5. Great bassist, though.

6. Ibanezzer

Ibanezzer

Aug 12, 2004
    Dayton, Ohio
    i haven't seen that before but actually its a pretty cool picture--though i'm not into the death/blood thing, lol. :bassist:

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I think it's... stupid.

Good musicians shouldn't be so... gimmicky. Gene Simmons can't play bass... so he spits blood. This due can play the bass... ditch the "shock" rock because no one is freaked out anymore.

8. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    Last time I seen mudvayne they were in Tshirts....They droped the gimmick like a bad habbit. People said they sold out for that, dont get the whole selling out thing anymore. Mudvayne rocks my socks though, hyped up about the new cd.

Side note: Anyone play a Warwick Vampyre? Them things are the shizzy...Great hi-fi sound.

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I don't like the looks, but dayum, they sound nice! Great basses! They sound like a cross between the Stage 2 and the Infinity basses.

10. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    That link doesn't work. It just shows a white screen.

and second thing: Mudvayne backs up with pure talent :D

11. I think it was really Warwick who put them up to it.

Warwick:"Do this psuedo scary looking pose, and we'll give you more free basses."
    Ryan:"...okay."

12. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    yes, if it's someone that's offended very easily.

13. I could see Ryan just going "uh...um....ok" just from how he acts in their DVDs.

14. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    I know, it's rediculous. People bitched about how they aren't real musicians and that they suck because they wear makeup at shows and for photo's and such. But when they take the makeup off all of a sudden they are sellouts?

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

What is his name this week?

16. 0111010100010110101111010001101010101101101

17. Sucks to be mainstream I suppose.

18. I have the DVD of the making of their video Dig and in it they talk about why the use the face paint and I believe it was either chad or matt said it was to show their "alter ego". After watching that I got confused as to why they dropped it then. If they did because people called them sellouts, then well, they sure as hell appear to be sellouts doing that - But if they had kept it, people would of eventually just shut up and listened to the music.