mudvayne tabs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by pharcyde, May 30, 2001.

1. I've looked everywhere for bass tabs for mudvayne. I've only found 2 that are somewhat right, if you know of any sites that have a few please tell me.
  2. figure it out by ear.. or ask darkmazda to do it for you. :)
  3. if you've ever heard some of their stuff, you may have, but it is some tricky stuff to figure out, plus i've only been playing for 2 years and i'm stuck on tabs unless i'm playing something easy.
  4. I listen to them a lot. I've been playing for a year and a half.. I learned a few of their things by ear. Like Dig. That's the easy one.
  5. TheFrizzleFry

TheFrizzleFry Guest

Nov 21, 2000
    Stinktown, Pa, USA
    Yeah, I'm stuck on tabs as well. The only songs I've figured out by ear are Popeye, and "Push it" by Salt N' Pepper (Long story), oh yeah, and I recently figured out that Theme to "Honey I shrunk the kids". I can never figure out "real" songs. And Mudvayne would be tough, that guys nuts. Plus he tunes his bass crazy (G, C, G, C, F) so it's even harder to figure out.
  6. Well dig is the easiest song i've ever learned. Death blooms is kinda difficult but it's just mainly timing. I'm really wanting severed.
  7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    There probably won't be tabs on Severed...beings that it's played on a fretless bass.
  8. Well that sucks, i figured it was a fretless tho, all the slide sounds so smooth, but how does he get the real clicky sound?
  9. You wouldn't happen to know what the notes for the opening solo are?
    And maybe the main notes that are repeated throughout.
  10. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I could give you the tab to some of their songs...I should post it.

Watch out for DarkMazda (;)), he's got trouble with octaves, but he's good a very very solid ear, especially for how long he's been playing. :D

BTW, he tunes in drop B. At least, he does now. I don't know what's up with the magazine, but I know he tunes in drop B.
  11. you should post them or email them to me. Who is darkmazda? You guys keep saying his name and i have no idea who he is.
  12. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    A member here.

Which songs do you want?
  13. Mainly severed. but i'd like to have -1 and nothing to gein too.
  14. I can get you some of severed.. I learned it by ear. :) I think DarkMazda tabbed that for someone already though.. I'll ask him for it.
  15. TheFrizzleFry

TheFrizzleFry Guest

Nov 21, 2000
    Stinktown, Pa, USA
  16. Nothing to gein is a very good song, it sounds like the only one that he uses his low g on.
    What effects does he use on this song?
  17. the only mudvayne song i've actually heard all of is dig. and the correct tab for that can be found in the new Guitar One magazine. speaking of magazines, there is finally a place to buy BassPlayer in my town. Yay!
  18. Dig is probably one of the easiest and lamest songs on the album. You should hear some of the other stuff.
  19. Sabeth

Apr 6, 2001
    quincy, IL USA
    yay, more mudvayne disscussion! i've been looking for mudvayne tabs, too. i found dig, wich is pretty easy if you're good at slapping, but i'm also looking for severed. that is a kick-ass song. *blink* well, i feel slightly stupid. i didn't know he used a fretless..hhmm, perhaps i should pay more attention. ^^; this is gonna bother me now...i'm going to go hit all the search engines in a quest for decent mudvayne tabs. if i find anything (wich is doubtful, but still) i shall post. meanwhile, i'll shut up....
  20. uch, I saw that tab.. or the one in guitar world.. it shows the guitar playing the bass parts and shows ryknow doing nothing.. and they say it's in B when it's in C! F***ing guitarist are idiots! my friend was like no! That's right. Even though I let him borrow the Dig DVD and it shows Ryknow play his parts. Idiots!