Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mudvayne!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by nubassplayer, Apr 12, 2001.

1. nubassplayer

nubassplayer

Mar 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I just saw a mudvayne concert video. Their bassist is awesome. I have heard them before. But I have never seen him actually play. He is sooooo fast. I didn't know you could go that fast. I know some people don't like him, and that's fine. But he is really good! Please put in your 2 cents.

2. He's pretty cool. Glue in the hair can't beat that! LOL. Anyways, try the search button (the globe) at the top, it'll lead to lots of topics. Try looking for Wes I Am's thread, it had about 100 replies.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    can you find the concert footage online?

4. nubassplayer

nubassplayer

Mar 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Yep. It's huge thouhgh. it's like 132 mb. The quality's not great either.

I'll try to find the site again.

5. nubassplayer

nubassplayer

Mar 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I found the site. Go to www.mudvayne.net Then click on the videos button. It's the first one.

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Just downloaded a couple more Mudvayne songs. Ryknow definitely is a kick ass bass player. I think I need to go buy the cd now.

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Ha!!!!!!
    I am now a member!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally.

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    welcome to the bigtime!

9. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    If you like them, dont steal from them. Buy their CD and DVD.

After all, nothin' says lovin' like thievin'.

10. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Mudvayne rox!
    oh, and btw..I WILL buy the cd when I find it:)

11. I saw a snippet of something on MTV. Just a few brief pictures. Those guys look like a rock version of The Insane Clown Posse. Can't comment on the music though - didn't hear any.

12. I'll be getting the Dig DVD later this week. I'll tell you guys about it. I think I d/led the whole concert.. gotta check my computer.. I started d/ling and then left the house and i still don't know if it's done, lol. Oh well..

13. I bought the album becasue of that last thread and I have to say that i think it's naff. All that screaming, shouting and swearing. Oooh, it's really scarey and bad... I'll bet Britney Spears doesn't like it.

Do people on this board actually like Mudvayne's music, or is it because Ryknow is a sh*t-hot bassist?

I'm interested so please be honest?

I just don't get it.

Hey Angus: "If you like them, dont steal from them. Buy their CD and DVD."

- Yeah, even if you dont like 'em!

14. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    arther daily-You can give it to me!:D
    And since you asked-I do like Mudvayne because of the music. I don´t know why...

15. "arther daily-You can give it to me!"

Naah, it makes a nice coaster....

- - JOKE!!!! I didnt mean that, totally joking! - I wouldnt disrespect any music that much, (apart from maybe Gary Glitter).

I'm gonna keep trying it periodically in case something jumps out at me... it happens like that from time to time.

16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I actually like it too, I can't tell if I'd like it as much with a lesser bassist, probably not, though I suspect I would still say that it was good for metal type stuff.

17. "I can't tell if I'd like it as much with a lesser bassist, probably not,"
    - - Kinda like Primus then!

"though I suspect I would still say that it was good for metal type stuff."
    >>>I agree there. It does sound accomplished. In comparison, I listened to the entire Papa Roach CD yesterday and not one bit stood out to me at all. It ended and I was like 'is that it?'

I didnt hear one thing that made me want to listen again, not a bit of guitar, vocal, drum, bass, sample, beat, sound, effect, riff, groove. Not a thing.

I can't stand the idea that there are so many musicians with talent out there and that many of the currently big 'rock' bands are so goddam weak.

18. I've only heard bits and pieces of Mudvayne and some of the bass lines sounded pretty damn good.

I got a chance to see them live on MTV2 (concert of the week or something like that) last weekend and a got to say I was having a hard time getting into the music. Ryknow was awesome but the singer was terrible and the guitarist was average at best. Maybe repeated exposure will help me to <u>understand</u>, and then again, maybe I need to just get the album. Studio trickery can often help a singer sound better.:)

19. nubassplayer

nubassplayer

Mar 26, 2001
    Indiana
    OK. I admit it. If the bass player wasn't so good, then I probably wouldn't be so interested in them.

20. "Studio trickery can often help a singer sound better"

The chili peppers being a perfect example. Anthony Kiedis is the only person I've ever heard sing a Jimi Hendrix song worse than Jimi Hendrix!

Anyway my point here was that I think a good band has the same vibe in their songs whether live or in the studio. Regardless of the vocalist singing flat or whatever?