Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ReveilleRATM, Oct 28, 2000.

1. ReveilleRATM

Apr 14, 2000
    Mudvayne, yeah I know they're just a novelty metal act like slipknot but I saw them live a few weeks back and noticed that their bassist was great. I mean I couldn't hear the bass line because it was so distorted but from what I saw of this Half naked guy dressed like the devil was an incredibly fast all fingered player who can transfer from slap to normal like no on I've seen before. And also he had his bass up to his armpits which made me think maybe he's built on jazz and hes not just a kid who picked up the bass one day and started to hit strings. Does anyone know this guys background? Has anyone else seen him? Wow he was great. P.S. What do you all think of Matt Freeman of Rancid?
  2. ryan morris

ryan morris Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    i have heard people say that mudvayne is like primus. this would be a bit more evidence i am guessing. so, matt freeman, i started a post some time back about him. he is great. very great, pardon the english. if you like him in rancid try some operation ivy and auntie christ. opiv is great, and one of the best bands ever. auntie christ has a blondie feel to it. of course this is all my opinion. i am sure somebody disagrees. la la later.