Mudvayne's Bassist Effect?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by I_am_Rage, Jan 23, 2001.

1. Mudvayne's bassist uses a effect for some of his songs such as in "Internal Primates Forever" during the intro while going along with the guitar and I was wondering what effect does he use to get that sound. If anybody knows I would appreciate it if you shared that knowledge.
  2. i guess not a lot of people listen to mudvayne...
  3. ColdYinTiger

Jul 15, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    What does it sound like? I could tell you what he uses if you discribe it to me. I dont know the song myself but I'm pretty good at figuring out effects.
  4. FuegodeX

Sep 16, 2000
    i dont think hes usin an effect, he just slaps it, he slaps a lot, he a dman good bassist
  5. ColdYinTiger

Jul 15, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    It might be slap on his fretless with weird eq setting. I need to download the song. I know on Severed he does some weird **** and he uses some chorus I think. His slap bass on it sounds allmost mechanical on it. He reminds me of Les Claypool if he was in Fear Factory
  6. FuegodeX

Sep 16, 2000

ColdYinTiger-"He reminds me of Les Claypool if he was in Fear Factory"

wow! thats a really good description of his style. yeah also, he does use a warwick thumb bass, so this might explain the uniqueness of the sound.
  7. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i know the band only by name and pics. but i know that a lot of new metal bass player are quite good and aggressive players even if i'm not in this kind of music. i think that chorus could be a great effect on a hi volume aggressive bass slapping. try it!
  8. Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    I really think its mainly the eq is how he gets his tone. I'm really not sure about his amps, but he uses warwick basses, I sense some slight clipping (distortion) on his harder slaps, but other than that its just his fingers.

I enjoyed the Les Claypool in Fear Factory description.
  9. ColdYinTiger

Jul 15, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    He's gotta have a rather large amount of eq bands on his head if he gets those sounds. I'm still trying to figure out how he goes from robotic slap in Severed to fretless slides. Thats still boggles my mind. He uses a Thumb Bass(Has finally seen pics of him). He is an amazing bassist though.
  10. Sounds like a lot of chorus in some parts...maybe some light distortion/flange also. Plus he uses some fretless (a la Severed) and that could add to the tone.
  11. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
    I love his bass lines in -1. It sounds like he's doing a slap & pop type thing, but i've seen him play it live and he just plays it normally with his fingers. He is a really good bassist.