1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mugger chooses wrong victim- and gets disarmed by 250lb MMA expert.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Fassa Albrecht, Dec 7, 2011.

1. I thought this was absolutely brilliant.

A mugger tries to rob a man of his wallet by approaching a car and waving a gun at him. Unfortunately this man, named as Justin, is both 6'2'' and 250lb in weight as well as being MMA trained and disarmed the man with his training before restraining the mugger until the police arrived.

Seems judging from the photo the mugger got a good kicking too.

Article is here

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Is training for MMA like the new "I'm in a band"?

Seems like everyone is training for MMA.

3. It's become popular in recent years for some reason. But with this guy, it seems he's got some history of being in hostile situations (one article I read said something about army) and so would likely NEED that sort of training.

4. Yeah I'd say the guy did a little more that "disarm" him. Looks like he got in a few punches too. And good for him- the thug deserves it. Sad thing is that it probably won't deter him from robbing people in the future.

Personally, I don't train to fight or anything because I am a nonviolent person at heart. I don't believe in guns. I choose to run from dangerous situations if at all possible. I go to sketchy clubs for shows, live in a crappy city and take solo long distance trips on my motorcycle so the possibility of danger is sometimes present. I do, however, wear a 5 lb motorcycle chain as a belt that I can whip out and be ready to use in less than 1 second (i've practiced a lot). It's my last resort plan if I can't run and am trapped or a fight is inevitable. I've never had to pull it off but it's nice to know that I have it if I need it. The bonus is that it's hidden under my shirt and is not considered a "weapon" like carrying a knife or brass knuckles is. In fact, I regularly go to the county courthouse and federal building near me and while they won't let me wear it into the building they've never given me any flack for having it.

5. Great story :)

6. Jinro

Jinro

Oct 9, 2011
    West TN
    ....but when a mugger goes after the wrong victim who is packing heat and gets killed, the news never seems to report it......

7. Im in an band and i train MMA! How cool am I?!?

8. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I love poetic justice.

9. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    The thing I noted was that the MMA guy was willing to give up his cash, it was only when it was clear that Miranda was probably going to shoot him anyway that he went into martial arts mode. He truly was not trying to be a hero or a tough guy, he was afraid for his life, and did what he could to safe his life and incapcitate the criminal.

That, to me, shows that "Justin" is truly a highly trained fighter.

10. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
  11. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Hmmm...6'2", 250, former military, and Romanian?

Save for that last part, sounds exactly like Cro Cop. Like, eerily so.

12. He'll probably make bail, and be doing it again next week. And the article said he was crying that "he had a baby"... God help us, he's reproduced. What a role model his baby has.

And the next time his handgun might not misfire, or he may be mugging an average joe like me or you, or our loved ones. And someone will end up dead. For $30 freaking dollars.

He's a waste of perfectly good oxygen, IMHO. I'd mourn not one nanosecond if the MMA guy had spun his head on his neck like a top. But I'm just sensitive like that.

13. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
  14. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    +1

15. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Really? I hear stories of this nature reported in the media all the time.

16. What an idiot. Both of them.

(The writer and mugger)

17. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    The guy who defended himself against an attacker included?

18. UGH! You Jerk!

Way to quote my post before I was done editing.

:atoz:

19. But now the internet knows your only defense!