Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mullet World Tour. 2 Nights only. Full recap.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by JWC, Nov 13, 2000.

1. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    My band played a gig this weekend in Tennessee. It was 2 nights at this little dive out in the middle of nowhere. Someone who worked at that bar actually said that the town of Deliverance was only 5 miles down the road. When we walked in I noticed something. 9 out of every 10 guys had a mullet. We got no response from them as we rocked our hearts out. I then got out on the mic and told the drummer to give me a beat. I did my own rendition of "who let the dogs out" but my version was "who let the mullets out". Our friend put on his heavy metal/mullet wig and got on the dance floor and started to boogie. The mullets, apparantly not knowing what a mullet was, had the strangest look on their faces. I then, on my wireless, went to the back of the bar playing. This one mullet looked at me and then his friend and said "how in the damn hell is that sum bitch playing back here.". Guess the wireless hasn't been introduced there. Anyway, it was a hellish trip.

2. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    A covert mission into hostile Mullet territory? At least you're back in one piece!!! :D

3. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Actually Onyx, the only time I felt my life was in peril was when, after our set, I walked outside for some fresh air and this huge, 300 pound inbred got up and started after me, walking very fast. I then turned around and decided agaisnt some fresh air. He then sat back down.

4. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    That was probably the same guy that flicked his Bic and screamed "FREE BIRD!!!!!!"

5. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    actually he told me I had a pretty mouth and preceded to tell my friend in the mullet wig to squeal like a pig. oink. oink.

6. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    One more reason to live in a large metropolitan area...