Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Multi-Cab/Different Cab/Amp Findings!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Apr 26, 2002.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Hi all,

Just thought I would pass this along to those of you running mulit cabs that are nopt the same with one head. I have spent more time with my Avatar 4x10 and 1x15 config at band practice and dialed them in more with my new head (Hartke HA7000). The crossover in the head really makes a HUGE difference in what frequencies I am sending to each cab and at what level (gain to each). If you are running more than one cab and they are different from each other (like my 4x10 and 1x15) I REALLY recommend a BI Amp head with a crossover OR separate amps. Sending the same wattage and fequencies to both cabs with my Hartke HA3500 (single amp, no crossover/separate gain adjustments) did not sound nearly as good as my Hartke HA7000 crossover. I still can't get over just much much better it sounds. Just an FYI for anyone out there running multi-cab setups utilizing different cab configs...