1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Multi effects, Amp simulator info

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by HemiBob, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Hi guys,

I want to go the digital route, in order to be able to jam at home and maybe eventually record. I am looking for a unit that can do both bass and guitar but primarily bass for now.

Those two units (used) are in my price range. POD hd series and the Eleven Rack.

I have done some research but a looking for more input, advice. I understand the POD does bi-amping which gives a lot of flexibility to tone tweaking. The Eleven Rack has the dedicated svt amp.

I am looking for a comparison as stand alone units. I know the Eleven Rack can be had with Pro tools software... I am using a Warwick Thumb 6 and mostly play rock/metal.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  2. Any input ?

3. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I don't think there are too many L6 or 11R users here.

L6 doesn't have much in the way of bass models. Actually, do they have any? Once they discontinued the Bass Pod they kind of turned their back on the bass world.

4. Up until the X3 model, they had multiple bass amps but for the HD models, the only dedicated bass amp is the Ampeg fliptop (B-15 ?) . But since you can run two rigs at once, I've read some were able to get good tones with some editing work.

The 11r has the Svt amp which is supposedly Good...

Was just curious to see if any TB'ers had tried it.

5. deeptubes

deeptubes

Feb 21, 2011
    Virginia Beach
    Not familiar with the HD, but I do have the rack mounted BassPOD XT Pro which overall I find rather impressive. It does have a steep initial learning curve. But once you've got it, everything comes together. I like the effects. I like the amp sims. I don't like the cab sims. I think they all sound like they are in some degree of farting out, with the exception of the 810. It's easy to record and edit. You can add, remove, or edit effects, amps, and cabs after recording. It also has bi-amp capabilities. Robert DeLeo uses one according to the Bass Player magazine Jan '14 issue on p.49.

6. Thanks for the input, the X3 seems interesting cause it's basically the bass pod xt and guitar xt blended together with all expansion packs included. You can even run two rigs at the same time. Maybe it would be a better choice and cheaper ?