multi-effects board?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rubber chicken, Apr 22, 2001.

1. rubber chicken

rubber chicken Guest

Apr 7, 2001
    someone please tell me a good, inexpensive (under $200) MFX board. i was looking at zoom boards, but they look kinda crappy.
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Jeez, not many at all in that range. Have you checked out the DOD Bass30? You can be biamped-assigned so you don't bleed into frequencies where you don't want them.

I read in Bass Player's review of a Zoom effect that the case looked/felt fragile, but they mentioned it held up in their testing...that's one way they keep it in the budget range.
  3. I'm thinking about selling my Boss Bass Multiple Effects MB-8E for $150.

I haven't compared it with other multiple effects units for bass so I don't know how it compares but the effects sound good and seems to be pretty flexible. The guy I bought my MidiVerb4 from had the MB-8E too so I figured I'd give it a try. I like it but I don't think I'll really use it so I figure that I'll let it go for what I paid for it. There's no box but it is in excellent condition and includes the manual and AC adapter.

E-mail me if you're interested.

Check out:

for more info.

- Dave
  4. funkastorious

May 26, 2000
    Mpls, MN.
    I don't know Dave, but I sure konw the Boss ME8B. $150.....snatch it up in the second.

IMHO, the Boss ME8B was (and still is) the only truly great sounding multieffects floor unit available. The BP8 was supposed to take it over, but lacked useful sounds. The presets on the ME8B suck, but you can cancel them out very quick to have 16 presets or you can use the unit on manual mode.

It has most of the effects you'll need along with a tuner. To boot, the cable is super durable and LONG. :D can thank me later for the plug.
  5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings

I have two ME-8B (rarely use either anymore) and compared to what's out there now and in the past, it just blows everything else away.

Easy to program, 3 band parametric EQ for EVERY patch(;)), a ton of effects and features. I don't know Dave either but the ME-8B makes the others look like toys. No offense to Zoom owners, it's just a different league.
  6. Thanks guys but if I decide to get rid of it, I'm going to give it to my brother who just started playing bass ( I just found out today! ).

My MidiVerb4 is fine for what I need. I want to get some good spacial stereo effects without overwhelming my sound.

What I really want is a good looper. I'm thinking about checking out the Line6 Delay Modeller. I've heard some good things about it.

- Dave
  7. rubber chicken

rubber chicken Guest

Apr 7, 2001
    thanx for your replies. i looked around some more and now am debating between a zoom ($79) and a korg ($140).
  8. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Dave - Check out the threads in Steve Lawson's forum. He, Mike Dimin, and Max Valentino are pro's who use loopers and posted info. about their preferences.
  9. Thanks! I just picked up the Line 6. I think it suits my needs perfectly. Now I want to get the other Line 6 stomp-boxes!

- Dave