1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Multi-Effects Dilemma here, need your opinions.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Troya, Sep 19, 2018.

What do u recommend?

Poll closed Sep 26, 2018.
  1. Line 6 Pod HD500X

100.0%
  2. GT-100

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Troya

Troya

Sep 19, 2018
    Asunción, Paraguay
    Hi Talkbass! This is my first post, been following this forum a little bit before creating my account and i find this forum just awesome! There's lot of info and discussions that makes you learn a lot from other's experiences!

Anyways, the point is that i have around 600$ to buy something, (It's my parent's Last birthday gift i'm gonna get, so they wanted it to be a good one)
    They pretty much said that they will buy me any single item for around that price.
    I was thinking on a Pbass, but then again my band-mates influenced me on getting an amp or a multifx pedal, and they're somewhat right, at a band level, a multi fx pedal or amp will be a nicer upgrade, because i already have a decent bass.

Now i'm in the dilemma between getting a Gt-100 from Boss, Or a Pod HD500X, I know those are guitar oriented pedals, however i heard that the sound of those it's way better than most bass dedicated pedals.

I have quite some experience with the POD because my old guitar player used to have that one, and he sounded like really freaking good, but that's guitar of course, (I play a little bit of guitar aswell).

I was going for the Pod until i noticed the GT-100 is also for bass and they say it's good, now i'm very doubtful, so what would u guys do?

I do compose a lot, so that's something to consider, i would probably use a more diverse amount of effects than most people (Literally i feel like a synth bassist from time to time haha), that's why i love my B1Xon

EDIT: Not going to buy a a bass amp since the most decent for 600$ around my town is a Laney RB9, i tried the rb7 and hated it.

2. craigie

craigie

Nov 11, 2015
    calgary
    One bassist at work recently got a sansamp flyrig and raves about it.

If you don’t need anything in particular at the moment consider an investment instead.

Troya likes this.
  3. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Line 6 HX Effects

TodaysTomSawyer and Troya like this.
  4. Troya

Troya

Sep 19, 2018
    Asunción, Paraguay
    It seems like an interesting pedal! However I'm looking for something that has more effects! Still, I feel like the flyrig is an awesome pedal for gigs! Heavy Duty stuff! lml

5. Troya

Troya

Sep 19, 2018
    Asunción, Paraguay
    Damn! That makes a lot of sense! Do you know how good is the bass implementation on it? This seems to be quite a nice pedal, hope that they have it on stores in town though.
    Edit: shag no amp sims, would using my b1 sims be too gettho? Fml c:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  6. Roland GR 88

Roland GR 88

Sep 16, 2013
    Whitby
    I'd go for the HD500X for it's stereo effects return, spdif and balanced outputs which make it a little more studio friendly.
    Better built too IMO.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Troya likes this.