1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Multi-Effects or Individual pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Meltbrain, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Hey guys!
    So yeah, this is what I'm thinking about currently. I'm not exactly loaded with cash so this is a big decision for me. I just got myself a lovely guitar which I'm over the moon with and hoping to get myself a MarkBass head and cab at some point in the future, but then there's the effects.

My brother has got himself a pedal board and a whole bunch of pedals, and I feel like this would be a great way to go but obviously it takes time and a whole lot of money when you get a big pedal collection going.

So, the bottom line:
    Should I throw down a good amount of cash for a good Boss/Korg bass multi-effects unit, or take my time and start building a pedal collection?

Like I said, money is a big factor.

2. mgalat

mgalat

Dec 5, 2011
    There are a lot of threads similar to this. There's a search function for each forum located in the upper right hand corner.

Actually, if you just go a few pages back there was one called "the greatest multi ever" or something like that.

But to answer the original question without going into detail; depends on what you want. Really good overdrive and fuzz...go pedals, modulation (delay, filters, etc) i would consider a multi.

3. avvie

avvie

Oct 12, 2010
    Maui, HI
    I got four nearly identical threads. But try search for your thread title; there's been a fair amount of discussion on this.

4. Oh, okay. My bad, dude. Thanks for the info.