Multi-effects pedal with compression

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by WrgHndPkr, Apr 1, 2020.

1. WrgHndPkr

WrgHndPkr

Aug 3, 2011
    I just have a quick question, that's pretty much in the subject title.

I was originally looking for a dedicated compressor pedal like the MXR M87, but I just don't know if it's necessary for me right now. I'm not playing out (obviously not right now, but I wasn't before things went to hell either) but just practicing, writing, and make crude demo recordings. I'm thinking a dedicated compressor pedal would be a waste of resources for that and am leaning toward a multi-effects pedal. Nothing boutique or high end, just a good value buy. The one I was looking at was the Zoom MS60 multistomp, but I'm not married to it. I just liked liked the price point for all offers. The only thing I know it doesn't have that I wished it had was a looper, but I can always get a Ditto for that a little later.

Any advice/guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Have you looked at the Zoom B1XFour it may be a closer fit for your needs with a great selection of comps, looper, drum loops, aux in. It has all of the necessities of the MS60B but it does skrimp on some of the wacky way out there vintage amp models & fun stuff modulations, reverbs and delays.

neuman likes this.
  3. WrgHndPkr

WrgHndPkr

Aug 3, 2011
    I haven't looked at it in depth yet. I saw somewhere someone say that it had more of a plastic body and didn't feel as sturdy. I don't suppose that would matter much if I'm not getting out with it, but when things finally get back to normal it'd be nice to know that if I take it out to a gig it can survive a drop or random wayward feet stumbling and stomping all over it.

4. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    Don't know what the pre-owned market is like where you live, but some of the earlier Line 6 Bass PODs might fit your bill. I own several of them – all of which offer decent compression capabilities plus a good array of effects. I prefer the rack-based models if only because they're easier to adjust in a gigging situation, but the original "kidney" Bass POD models can also be mounted beneath amp handles with a bracket.

5. WrgHndPkr

WrgHndPkr

Aug 3, 2011
    I played through a Line 6 POD before when a buddy loaned it to me. It was one of the ones with the handle on top. That was around 9 years ago and I didn't get to keep it long, but it was pretty great from the little I remember about using it.

I'll eventually have one, hopefully, but right now it's a bit outside of my price range.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022