1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Multi effects Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cubinicano, May 18, 2011.

1. cubinicano

cubinicano

Jul 28, 2009
    Miami, Fl
    So im considering getting a multi-effects pedal. I dnt really know much about them, but i want something that can really shape my tone and have some really good effects. I play classic/indie rock.

2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    There's plenty of great sounding multi-effects processors out there. If you want sound samples of certain multi-effects processors, come visit my soundclick website. I have sound samples of multi-effects processors like the digitech bp355, the zoom b2.1u., and the korg ax3000b here's the link.

SoundClick artist: Crystalman85 - page with MP3 music downloads

Feel free to check it out.

3. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Depends entirely on what effects you want and the end tone your after. Multi effects are veery much like keyboard synthesizers for their presets. You find a handfull of presets that are somewhat in the ballpark of what maind voice your after and tweak them to taste.l Like with most synthesizers the presets are mostly garbage with some useful ones. The trick is picking a synth or multieffect whose sound char is akin to what your wanting nad then tweaking and programming it for what you want the end sound to be. Ive only owned one synth that had more then a dozen great stock voices. Ive never found a multi effects unit with that many good presets.

If a multi effect has 6 overdrives and distortions to pick from anjd you like 1 of those a whole lot, it meets your needs for overdrive/distortion start. So its a matter for example of finding one which offers the desired overdrive, comp, eq versatility, reverb type voice and a useful ring mod. Or whatever main effects your after.

Zoom is the only company that has impressed me for the past ten plus years overall. But like other companies their low end budget offering arent very good. Same for the other makers of multis. The mid to upper end line however is very very good imo. My current unit a Zoom B9.1ut is better at some effects then the one it replaced (zoom plauyer 2000b) however its most liked overdrive and its ring mod are not as good as the player 20000B was. But its better then what other mfg's offered.

Step one for picking good multi effect is deciding what main effects you want.
    Step two is finding one that offers those effects in a satisfactory way once tweaked and improved on. (Again like keyboard synths the presets are gonna be mostly garbage, but the ability to transform some of those into wonderful creations which then become the start point or base for several variations as desired is what counts.