Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Multi Effects w/ Looping??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by coffee-sipper, Jan 20, 2004.

1. coffee-sipper

coffee-sipper

Jul 10, 2003
    Raleigh NC
    I would like some recommendations for a multi effects pedal (no amp modeling) that has looping abilities. The effects I am most interested in would be chorus and maybe an octaver and synth.
    Thanks
    The new Boss ME 50b looks nice but I can't find out any information on what the looping feature is like.

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Considering that the looping feature on the flagship GT-6B is pretty pathetic, I don't think the ME-50B has anything better.

3. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    How much looping time do you want and what range of FX are you after?

For example, the Line6 DL-4 is definitely a multi-FX unit (emulating a whole range of classic pedals) and also has a very usable 28 seconds of loop available. However, all the effects are based around what you can do with delay (although that covers a wide range of phasing, flanging, reverb, ring modulation and other wackiness).

Personally, I get along quite well with a DL-4 and a cheap Zoom multiFX for adding things like a bit of overdrive or tremelo to the sound.

Wulf

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Although if the looping feature takes after the Boss RC-20, it's probably very nice.

5. coffee-sipper

coffee-sipper

Jul 10, 2003
    Raleigh NC
    Who makes the DL-4? I still like the Boss me 50b, I don't need much looping time and like the idea of one unit looping/effects, I'll need to get one used however since it is a bit out of my current price range. Since I haven't ever used any effects the idea of having lots to play with and see what works and what doesn't is better than buying them individually.

6. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    The Lexicon MPX-G2 is a great multi-effects unit that also has some basic looping. Personally, I would go with two boxes. The Line 6 Echo Pro is now selling for around $200 on the used market and the TC Electronics M-ONE is a good cheap multieffects unit.