multi effects wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by slapper3, Jun 7, 2001.

1. slapper3

Jan 13, 2001
    ok, I got a DOD bass multi effects pedal last christmas, and the wah on it SUCKED! It would not wah a note sometimes and then other times it would go crazy wah'in everything! I want an effects pedal that has good effects and a good wah like a crybaby or a morley wah and I can't find!
  2. My digitech bp8 has great wahs. They work great on my low b string, it has 3 different wahs with different settings for each.
  3. do what i did.......get a zoom 506 and then a white crybabywah........u got the multi effects and the wah and they r a lot better like that
  4. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I know that their are pros and cons to the Zoom BFX 708 which as a built in expression pedal (several other threads here), but I can get a very decent wah with mine.

It takes some tweaking. When I first got it, the wah was weak, thin, and lacked bottom. I edited that wah patch's EQ, gain, and wah frequency; now I got a great funky wah sound.

You can get these pedals new for about $130. However, as you'll read in the other threads, this effect pedal's sound quality is not top of the line. You need to buy individual pedals for that sound quality, and you'll pay much more overall.

I don't do any studio gigs, and my thoughts are that I'll only use this pedal for a short period when I play solos, only 4-5 times on a gig. It does the job. If I need to, I can always upgrade to individual pedals in the future.