1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Multi Effects without amp modeling!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by improvpwnd, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Hey guys,
    Being naive about effect units so far, I put an order in (here on TB classifieds) for a Line 6 Bass POD xt Live (thanks mrpillow!), but I am becoming worried that I will not be able to bypass the amp modeling section of the pedal.

Do I HAVE to use an amp/cab model in order to use the effects in the Line 6? For instance, can I use JUST Delay on my otherwise dry bass signal? Or just some fuzz? I am looking to use this for live performance through my already great sounding rig.

If not, can you guys point me in the direction of the best multi effects that does not include (or has the option of not including) amp modeling in the signal chain?

Thanks!

2. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    From what I have seen/remember of the POD, it should have a setting to bypass the amp modeling. If not, I know that the Digitech multi's and Boss Multi's have that feature.

3. tapp01

tapp01

Apr 10, 2008
    Wilmington, NC
    Boss ME-50B.

No modeling (thank goodness).

4. The modelling can be bypassed. Well, actually you just select no amp model. I don't have my Pod XT with me at the moment so I can't give you the exact procedure. The manual can be downloaded from Line 6's site.

5. jblock

jblock Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    CT
    There's always the Line 6 M13. Excellent multieffects with no amp modelling.

6. Perfect, thanks.

7. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

Line6 M13. It's a stomp box modeler. No amp emulation.

By far, the best user interface of any multi effects unit I've tried.

LeonD