Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Multi Effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RRuud, Mar 5, 2006.

1. RRuud

RRuud

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
  2. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
  3. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    As my answer would be for most threads in this section, V-Bass. Without a GK or piezo it's still remarkably flexible and performance-based (if you actually learn to program it a bit). But being able to mix the COSM basses and host bass magnetics in varying amounts really opens up the musical horizons - and it's got a small footprint for the amount of power. The only thing I'd add to my setup possibly would be a looper if I was going out alone.

4. I don't think that that is what he is asking...the GT-pro will work for bass...you might have a slight loss of low-end, but i would put it in the effects loop of your amp for that

5. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Why would you have a loss of low end? What usually determines that is The Instrument ; } (yeah, a lot of the guitar units have just as flat a low end response but often their EQ sections might not allow enough control if you want say a slight boost at 63 Hz or whatever - but othwerwise they work fine). When cab modeling is available it's nice to have some bass cabs there as well as guitar cabs though. And modulating effects with a high pass filter are great to keep the low end from being impacted.

That's what to look for when reading the online manual (if there is one).

6. RRuud

RRuud

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Thanks alot for the info
    all i gotta do now is get the money;)