1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Multi Modulation Pedals... Digital

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by omie, Feb 17, 2013.

1. omie

omie Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Arizona
    I'm thinking about grabbing a Zoom B3 type multi, mainly for modulation, for my board as I want to kick an old DOD Phasor and a bassballs clone off... and I don't want to spend a lot.

I love the tone and flexibility of my amp and distortions so I'm not really interested in amp/dist modeling but the looper, delays and presets are desirable. Currently my modulations are in a xotic blender loop where I can EQ, volume control and blend them too taste... would anyone put a multi-mod in a blender loop? Would it be useful or necessary? Do pedals like the Zoom allow any of my unaffected signal thru?

My concern is how will this pedal effect my tone? I've only ever had a Digitech b90 or 80. I thought the effects sounded terrible, were too limited in range, destroyed tone and useless in a live band setting.

Anyways, I'm curious to hear how people are using multi mods, which ones you're using and I'd love to see board pics/ videos and explanations of how you have multi's on your board, where they are in the chain, how they effect your tone, how they interact with your OD/Dist/Fuzzes and which modulations you mainly use.

Thanks!

2. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    The B3 has numerous blending options, however, the unit is not "true bypass" but I haven't found any tone suck from it. I like the modulations on it but I don't tend to use those effects a lot. The filters are really good, much better than Line6 IMO. The delays are very nice as are many of the eq/tone shaping effects. I actually like some of the dirt on this unit but I do have my favorite analog OD in front if it. The amp modeling is very flexible with the option of bypassing speaker simulation in order to use the models as preamps. It's a great bargain and sounds really good if you take the time to learn your way around it.