multi out-put ac/dc adpaptor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Howard K, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    Does anyone know where I can get a single AC/DC adaptor to run a load of effects pedals etc... ie. one plug into the mains and as many different outputs as possible for effects.

I'm in the UK as well so it'll need to be 240V or switchable.

2. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    Howard(arfur) take a gander at they are a Voodoo Labs dealer who make a multi power thingy.
    I was reticent to recommend it as I havent tried it. I will be in the market for one when my guitar board gets out of hand. Let us know what you decide on.

Hopefully this bump will jog an informed person to post.
  3. I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but Switchmode has an AC adapter that powers up to twenty pedals, and its only around $40-50.
    Switchmode Power Supply
  4. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    I checked out that voodoolab box, that is exactly what i'm looking for... but costs £150!!!!!

For interest, I had a word with with my dad (he's a bit of an electronics buff) and he's going to knock up a box with 6 9volt AC outputs that you run from an old compaq laptop power supply.

The compag power supply transforms 240v DC into 18V AC, then this thing he's building splits 1x 18v into 6x 9v. Pretty basic electronics (apparently?!)

I'll let you know how it works/ doesnt work!
  5. I used an old-skool Hewlett-Packard laptop power supply - only about 1" high, plugs into the wall thru a separate cable (ie not a wall-wart), sits on the pedal board.

Gives 10v, 1.3A, which is enough to power 6 pedals. All you do it buy a number of DC sockets + plugs are wire up a fan-out cable.

Came to about $20 all up.
  6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Reticent is not a synonym of reluctant. You are reluctant to recommend it. Reticence is a reluctance to speak.
  7. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    Thanks Munji