1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Multieffect pedal to play with headphones ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BillyRay, Dec 20, 2017.

1. BillyRay

BillyRay Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    I used to post a bunch on here and gig a bit but I had two kids plus a new job and there was no time to play bass so after my last gig on Christmas Eve 2015, I stashed the bass underneath my bed and didn't touch it again... until a few days ago.

I sold my big ass live rig (rip Ashdown 215 and 800RB) and I have a small practice amp, but it doesn't have an headphone jack. I want to ditch that pos and just plug straight into some kind of pedal or preamp with a few effects (compression, distorsion, metronome, tuning, etc.). It needs to have a decent headphone jack since all my playing will be with headphones. Cheap is best.

Compatiblity with an amp is a non-issue. My days of playing live or with anyone are pretty much gone.

2. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Pretty much every multi-effects box I've ever seen has a headphone out. So, any of them will work.

3. Steveaux

Steveaux Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    Go to fleaBay, search for "Bass Multi Effects Pedal".
    That'll keep ya busy for a while.
    Like Iz4005 said, nearly all have a headphone out.
    It really comes down to what you want to spend.

4. Worldeeeter

Worldeeeter Banned

Mar 29, 2010
    Asheville, NC
    Find a Zoom B3 - there should be a few on the used market. Lots of effects and headphone out.

5. BillyRay

BillyRay Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    Any specific recommendations in the sub 150-200$ range ? The Zoom B3 seems nice, but it's a bit more expensive than I'm looking to pay.

Edit: like the Zoom B1on, is it any good ? I'm looking mainly for low noise, clarity and not too much tone loss more than amazing effects.

jimfist likes this.
  6. The Zoom B1on will be perfect for headphone practice, has a tuner, drum loops to practice with and even an aux in to jam along.

jimfist and Linnin like this.
  7. jimfist

jimfist "Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!"

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    +1
    Zoom B1on

8. B1on for the win.