multieffects unit

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass_extremes, Jul 27, 2005.

1. bass_extremes

Jul 9, 2005
    I hey fellow bassplayers now that I have a job and I have some money to purchuse stuff. I was thinking about getting a multi effects unit the three ive been looking at are the digitech BNX3 Multi-Modeling Bass Workstation, the boss gt-6b, boss me-50b,and the line 6 PODxt live. and I wanted to know which one has the best sounding effects? I want to be able to use this on stage and even recording if I get that far. I dont what to get a unit that has a bunch of crappy effects. So whats your opionion which unit emulates the sounds of these effects the best.
  2. if you want to use it live and for recording the bass podxt live would probably be best I plan on getting one soon. As far as the Boss one goes, it uses the same effects processor as Boss's guitar effects units (theres a harmony central review about it) and this makes the wahs and some of the other effects really thin and crappy sounding. Your probably not going to find out much about the Bass PodXT Live cause its so new but of the ones you listed I would go with that.
  3. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I have tried both the Digitech (whatever the top of the line thing is) and the POD XT live and have been unimpressed with both. The POD Live had good sounding amp models, but the FX didn't sound good at all to my ears. The Digitech didn't have many usable sounds and was way too noisy. I really want to try a GT-6B and ME-50B, but GC doesn't have em on the floor and I need to take the time to convince them to let me open one. As for the guitar effects core, all the bass models have in common is the appearance and usability and the same core. I don't think the FX are voiced the same, but I need to try one out.