Multiple distortion users...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Petary791, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA do you have your pedals set? Settings are marked as "o'clock." Right now I have my Marshall Guv'nor set at some mild trebly grit (setting: Gain - 1 or 2, Bass -cranked, Mid - 1, Trebel - 3); my Silver Dragon Awake setting is at some distortion (Fire - 9:30, Shriek - 4, Roar - Cranked); and the Slayer setting is fuzz, with the feedback either really high or really low (same as Awake plus Intensity - 10:30 and Breath turned all the way down.) I'm happy to say that I feel that I have pretty much all of my gain needs covered.
  2. Dkerwood

Aug 5, 2005
    You're using all that on BASS???
  3. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Hellz yeah I am! That's just the gain side of things on the board...
  4. :cool: Awesome - any sound clips we can hear?
  5. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Not yet unfortunately. I need to record some stuff though.
  6. Heres a clip of me running:

Rickenbacker 4003 (with dead strings :( ) >> Effector 13 No-Fi Chaos >> US Big Muff >> Sansamp

half way through, I turn the big muff off so you can here the no fi in all of its disgusting glory. It obviously sounds much fuller and lively through a decent amp.

Big Muff:

volume at equal to bass output
    tone at 10 o'clock
    sustain at 2:30

volume equal to bass output, tone all the way down (believe it or not!)

not sure exactly, but I've scooped the mids and cranked the bass, with no overdrive.

heres the clip:

7. idoru

Dec 18, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    In o'clocks (surely the most bizarre unit of measurement?)

Big Muff (as posted elsewhere):
    Vol - 12
    Tone - 2
    Sustain - 12

Boss MT-2:
    Vol - 10
    Bass - 3
    Treble - 12
    Mid Freq - 1
    Mid - 2
    Gain - half past 9

Eagerly waiting to pick up my second hand Tube Works RT902...
  8. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Now THAT is intense.
  9. Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    I have my Bass running into a Wobo 2 Looper. In Loop A is the Tech21 Bass XXL set to just a little bit higher volume than my clean signal, and with quite high drive for a big, heavy distortion. Loop B contains an ODB-3 set as a clean boost that colours (EQ's) my tone slightly rather than being completely transparent, and then into a Guv'Nor set for the mildest grit at the same volume as my bass.

The ODB-3 can then boost my signal before it goes into the Guv'Nor, increasing the Drive a little bit, or it can EQ the Tech21 just a little bit, boosting the frequencies exactly how I like my Clean signal Boosted.

Can't remember the exact settings at present, but will post them tomorrow or something.
  10. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Before the wah:
    Digitech Bass Driver
    Tone 12
    Blend 12

Frantone Lo Tone
    Fuzz max
    Tone 12

After the wah:
    American Woman
    Tone 12
    Gate 8
    Gain 11

Big Muff
    Tone min
    Sustain 11

Drive 11

I need something like the EF13 for truly nasty, throw you through barbed wire style fuzz.
  11. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Big Muff:
    Volume at 1 o'clock
    Sustain at Noon
    Tone at 7 o'clock

Hot Tubes:
    Volume at 11 o'clock
    Gain at 9 o'clock
    Drive at 8 o'clock
    Bass at 5 o'clock
    Treble at 2 o'clock

That's all I have on distortions... I don't use the SansAmp as a Distortion unit, and I don't use the distortion channel on my GK.