multiple effects pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by midnite, Jan 23, 2009.

1. midnite

midnite

Dec 3, 2008
    Anyone want to comment on the Boss GT-10B versus the Roctron Utopia B-300.Which is best,are they worth the cost ,are they the same or very different?

2. I have tried neither, but one thing is for certain: they are going to be VERY different.

Boss is largely modeling their own pedals, probably using different algorithms than the Rocktron, etc.

I have never met a Rocktron multi-user on these forums, though there's always a first time.

Be sure to check out the Boss GT-10B megathread, as well as some of the demo videos such as this one:

3. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    My multi experience is limited to an old Digitech and in-store experimentation so take this with a grain of salt:

I've never used a Rocktron multi so I can't help there. And while I haven't used the GT-10B, I've tried earlier Boss multis. They are solid units for sure, but there are others worth considering too.

IME, most multieffects are very good in some areas and fall down in others. So it really depends on which effects are most important to you. For instance, I think Line6 stuff does amp modeling better than any others and is pretty good in terms of filters, but I don't like it's modulation as much seems like it could be a pain to use.

4. Deadman

Deadman

Jan 6, 2009
    I bought B300 a few days ago!
    It was important to have a lot of buttons for presets, Roktron has 10, while the Boss is only 4.
    Boss has a lot to me unnecessary features, such as recording loop, advanced ampsim, etc.
    B300 fewer opportunities in processing, but IMHO it is better for the play with amp in a real situation.
    Tested with Hartke HA5500 head and 4x10 VX series cab. Good, punchy and bright sound!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021