1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

multiple FX Loops pedal suggestion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by el murdoque, Mar 16, 2016.

1. el murdoque

el murdoque

Mar 10, 2013
    Germany
    I have no idea how they are called. Those pedals that have a few switches that control fx loops like the one control iguana.
    I'd like to have one of them, but i don't need a huge one. Right now, i could do with three loops.
    One or two more would not be bad but not mandatory.
    I'd like to keep this as cheap as possible, but tone sucking in bypass is a big no-no for me.

Which ones exist, which ones are good for bass, and which of these are easily available in Europe ?

2. ProfFrink

ProfFrink

Jan 16, 2015
    I'm pretty happy with a few things I got from this nice guy from Brighton UK:

Triple Looper

el murdoque likes this.
  3. ProfFrink

ProfFrink

Jan 16, 2015
    Re tone-sucking, if you have an active bass or if you put anything with a buffer before the looper (e.g most Boss pedals an most pedals that are switched on) - any "true bypass" looper will not give you any tone-sucking issues. Buffering loopers will also solve this problem.

4. el murdoque

el murdoque

Mar 10, 2013
    Germany
    Thank you. This was exactly what i was looking for.
    Cool name, cool design, affordable.

5. el murdoque

el murdoque

Mar 10, 2013
    Germany
    damn it. So many options. Now i have to rethink my whole setup.
    Build something that is still a one hand carry or go nuts and do it big?

6. ProfFrink

ProfFrink

Jan 16, 2015
    The answer is obvious... We're on TB in order to go nuts ;)

Re the design: Notice that his standard designs are plain, non-painted aluminum, with a clear decal. I like it because it's a nice-looking industrial design that doesn't have to be pampered and because the decal is really entirely redundant with these things (it's obvious what each switch and jack does). I think he offers some other options, if you want, but I never tried them.