Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Multiple Happy Birthdays

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Michael Jewels, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Happy Birthday to:

Bgavin - A man with an amazing spreadsheet.

Geshel - A man of much information.

P.Aaron - A man I'm just getting to know.

Happy birthday you three, and a shout out to everyone else celebrating today.

Mike J.

2. Is there an echo in here? :confused:

Happy Birthday...s.

3. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Happy B Day!!
    :D

4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL :)

5. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    Happy Birthday!

6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Thank you! For my birthday, I'm going to....

"strap one on!"

A Bass of course.

7. Happy Birthday to me!

....on October 20. Noone noticed. But I'm 16 now.

8. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Ditto to Morningdove's comment:D

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Happy B-Day guys!

10. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    What's with the multitude of public "Happy Birthday" threads lately? There should be one thread, that could be updated as the B-Days occur. Eh?

You know what says "Happy Birthday" like nothing else? I big ol' tub of mustard potato salad!

11. Some of us do this as a way to aknowledge the birthday of those who we post with regularly. If you filled in your birthday in your profile, it will appear on both the gig calendar and below the list of users logged on, on your birthday, but, I think most members don't notice this.

Someone (Xavier G.) did this for me last year, and it was a very nice surprise. So...I'm paying it forward.

I mention the names of those I know, but, always give a shout out to anyone else that's born on that day.

Now...

WHERE'S THAT TUB O'SPUDS? :D

Mike J.

12. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    My point was, it seems like people are running out of things to post about, but for some reason, feel the need to post something. Someone else starts a thread wishing so-and-so and happy birthday, so everyone has to start a thread to wish their TB buddies a happy birthday. Like I said, if there was only one thread, it would update every time you posted in it, so why start five or ten or fifty seperate threads saying the same things? It's like when someone starts a thread about something and then a week later, starts another thread updating us on the first thread, instead of updating in the original thread.

See what I'm saying to you?

EDIT: I guess it doesn't matter much. I mean, each post only counts as one post on your post counter, whether it is the start of a thread or an update to another thread.