multiple instruments

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Propyro, Nov 23, 2003.

1. I play Bass and guitar.

19 vote(s)
  2. I play Bass and drums

6 vote(s)
  3. I play all three

12 vote(s)
  4. I play bass and a wood wind (specify in a post)

4 vote(s)
  5. I play bass and a bunch of others. (list them in a post)

33 vote(s)
  6. I'm an elitist ... Bass's are the only thing good enough for me to play.

12 vote(s)
  1. So how many of you guys play multiple instruments.

Technicialy i'm lying wheni say i play bass and guitar, but soon enough that lie will become the truth ... soon as in with in 2 or 3 weeks.

2. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    This should be in Misc...
  3. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    I play Bass and guitar
  4. that would probalby explain why i havne't seen any threads like this on this forum ... well Go Go Gadget Mods!

5. E.O.M.

Dec 7, 2001
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Bass (electric and double), guitar, piano, euphonium, trombone, didgeridoo.
  6. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I play tuba, electric bass, double bass, euphonium, guitar, mallet percussion (marimba, xylophone, vibraphone, orchestral bells, etc.), and marching bass drum.
  7. In order of how good I play them:
    didgeridoo (yidakki)
    keyboards/piano (sort of)

I haven't played guitar for so long I actually rate myself better at drums by now.
    I actually started out musically on keyboards when I was a kid, it's the instrument I play the worst now, but I can still get some coherent sounds out of them, which is more than most people can.
    I don't completely stink on percussive instruments either (djembes, congas, timpales, etc.)
    I'd really like to look into hammond organ and trombone.
    All musical instruments are cool!

8. Bass is my main instrument.

I play all the Clarinets and Saxophones. I also play Guitar and Drums.

9. I probably should have mentioned that i've played saxophone for 4 years as well (1 on alto and 3 on tenor) ... meh, that was just for concert band in high school though ... Fun, but sax isn't quite my instrument and i didn't feel like wresteling my friend paul for the bass ... plus Paul's about 90lbs heavier then me and a much better wresteler then i am ...

10. I play bass and keyboards onstage.

Wife has a djembe that I enjoy playing. Would like to build my chops to a level that I could play congas, bongos, and djembe onstage as well. When I hear a really good percussionist on hand drums, I go

11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    this would be more appropriate in miscellaneous. off it goes
  12. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Bass and trumpet.
  13. i have been playing trumpet for 8 years, baritone(euphonium) i played for 3 years and still do occasionally, upright bass(classical) for 2years and tuba for 3 years. Guitar a little, like the basic chords and some other stuff. and electric bass for 4 years.

haha a few!

rockin' on the ROCK!
  14. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    Bass Guitar-6yrs, String Bass 3 yrs, Cello-played for 3 years and then dropped [to pursue bass ventures], extrememly basic guitar and drums, and then even worse piano. I'm one of the top bass guitarists in the school, but i know of a guy across town that's a senior who can really smoke me on upright bass. Story time: i got to my lesson early and heard a bass and a trombone playing [my teacher plays most low brass plus jazz DB, and BG]. I asked him if he was giving a trombone lesson before i came as the bass sounded really awesome. Long story short-he was playing trombone and the guy from across town was playing DB.

That's all
  15. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    In order:-

Drums / percussion

I don't know about you guys but I found that learning additional instruments was relatively easy. I guess it's because you already know basic music theory from learning your first instrument.
  16. In order of proficiency.

17. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    In Order of Proficiency:

Acoustic Guitar
    Electric Guitar
    Drums (just learning)
  18. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

I play bass and drums, sometimes at the same time with my group Naked Jungle. Obviously they go together so its easy to do.
  19. ryuujin

Jun 1, 2003
    Delaware, OH
    I really just play bass but I will be picking up drums in a few months for sure.
  20. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

12 string Acoustic guitar
    6 string Electric/ Slide Electric 6
    Classical Guitar
    Lap Steel guitar
    Violin, but it has been a long time since I played that.