1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

multiple pickups and jaguar bass wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by stephen torres, Dec 17, 2018.

1. stephen torres

stephen torres

Dec 17, 2018
    ok so i am making my own jaguar bass, i needed it for a project for one of my classes and i was wondering if its possible to wire a mm style pickup with jazz and precision pickups as well

2. sikamikanico

sikamikanico

Mar 17, 2004
    Many things are possible, but not necessarily practical. The first question is - how would you position them?

3. stephen torres

stephen torres

Dec 17, 2018
    i had an idea with a mm pickup with a soapbar and either a humbucker or p-style pickups

4. sikamikanico

sikamikanico

Mar 17, 2004
    Sorry, I'm not sure I'm following... how many total pickups do you want, 2 or 3?

5. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Position means where on the bass between the neck and bridge would you put them. Location, not what kind.

Go read the thread from yesterday about why 3 pickup basses are uncommon and not generally a good idea.

6. stephen torres

stephen torres

Dec 17, 2018
    oof i forgot about that, the mm right above the bridge with the soapbar in between and if i get a humbucker i would put it right below the neck. and i know that 3 wouldn't be the best thing to try but it would be pretty neat to try out