1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Munji's most honorable quest

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Brad Johnson, Apr 20, 2001.

1. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Munji says:
    "There must be SOMETHING out there that truely and universally sucks. This shall be my quest. I will report back to the Forum".

That's easy...

Laklands suck :D

and Eden, too;)

Quest over.

2. *whacks Brad's hand with ruler*

I thought I told you, no sleeping in class! Now pay attention! :D

3. And sadowsky, oh, and that cheap manufactured copy, they suck too! :eek:

4. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I think Rogues are a universally bad bass. And the Squire Bronco's. Sorry if I offended anyone, but the one single coil pup doesn't have any crediblity IMHO.

5. Somehow, I think our friend Crawling Eye has missed the spirit of this thread.....

:eek:

6. Dave Siff

Dave Siff Supporting Member

Ten worst basses:
    10. MTD
    9. Dingwall
    8. Zon
    7. Spector
    6. Lakland
    5. Carl Thompson
    4. Elrick
    3. Fodera
    2. Sadowsky
    1. Alembic

7. gmstudio99

gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Take a bow, Deynn...I applaud you on your stance...long overdue and very necessary. :)

(I know this is the "joke" thread, but the real one was closed and I wanted to voice my support for Deynn.)

Way to go, my friend.

Paul

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Dave, how did Pedulla miss that list?;)

Fretlesses suck, no matter what make or model!!!:p

9. [​IMG]

10. Dave Siff

Man, I had to make the cut somewhere! Ken Smith got bumped for Sadowsky, being that Smith has an import line!

11. TonyS

TonyS

Dec 13, 1999
    USA
    My first bass (a Silvertone) sucked. BTW, deep chest wounds always suck.

12. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    That would really suck!

13. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Yeah those 5 string basses really SUCK! Real deal bass player know that the "Uke" 4 stringers are the way to go. I've even decided to pull the B string off of my 5 stringers. That way I won't have to worry where to rest my thumb. And you gotta consider the lower cost of new strings.

And all my Eden stuff?? Well let's just say that it make pretty smoke when you tie the + and - side together. That stuff really sucks, bigtime. I'll never own anything that can't handle a 1 ohm load again.

14. OK, I'm gonna move camp over to Humor now. Back to business! :D

15. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Never played JT's basses, but I bet they ALL suck!

16. Dave Siff

Oh, totally! Complete garbage. 7 strings.. come on! I would never even TOUCH one of those things!

[​IMG]

Uhh.. errr.. ummm..

17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Actually, I thought Deynn's thread was great. We walked right at the edge of a flame war, but a lot of good ideas were set forth. It could have been a lot worse, but a wave of latent maturity overcame the participants.

On the other thing, I knew the answer, but forgot that I knew. I've used it before. Nothing sucks more than a black hole. Not even Rogue. It is the ultimate in suckiness, and no newbie will suffer for it.

Jerry ~ I ran my little WT-300 at 2.67 ohms, and it didn't blow up. I hate it when that doesn't happen.

18. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Crawley:

I honestly will take my rogue against your danelectro any day. :p

I like this challenge!! For once, it's not comparing Rogue to freakin' G&Ls or something. :D

Keeping on topic, I agree with all of the previous statements and now feel that the time has come for JT's FAVORITE line....

Jaco only needed 4 strings!

Muhahahahahaha

;)

19. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    :D

I whenever someone says that to me, I say, "no..Jaco only HAD four strings" Whereby I explaint hat if Jaco could have had a 7 fretless, he would have had one. And noone can prove me wrong!...of course, I can't prove I'm right either..oh well:D

20. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    A wise man(butthead)once said "If nothing sucked,than nothing could be cool".Imo,truer words have never been spoken.

Having four stitches put in my hand today sucked.Lack of eye-hand coordination prevails again.......