Murder! My Firepod doesn't work! AAARRGGHH!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by discoboo, Jul 16, 2005.

1. discoboo

Dec 25, 2002
    charleston, sc
    So I'm waiting all day for the fedex guy to pull up...finally here he is with my new Firepod and it ain't working. Of course there is no tech support on the weekend so I'm just going to sit here and stare at it. When I get back from my gig later I'm going to stare some more.
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Ouch. Vital stats of your computer? what exactly isn't working about it? have you tried different ports on your computer and on the firepod? drivers...etc.?
  3. relayer66

Oct 10, 2002
    Miura, Japan
    These things take a little effort to set up. What are the symptoms? It powers up, right? I assume you have it hooked up to the firewire port on your computer and have the latest drivers installed...
  4. reggaeman

Jul 12, 2005
    This may sound like a stupid question... but did you install the drivers before plugging in the firepod to your pc?
  5. discoboo

Dec 25, 2002
    charleston, sc
    mr. moderator, you may remove this post quote Hootie, "with a little love and some tenderness" the firepod is up and running. now let's see what this thing can do! forgive me for jumping the gun...