Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MuRF

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TAKEUPARMS, Feb 13, 2006.

1. TAKEUPARMS

TAKEUPARMS

Nov 9, 2005
    does anyone here have the MuRF by moog? i heard that they came out with one especially for bass, but i prefer the original MuRF, does anyone have one? If you do, post your comments

2. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    I don't have one because I spent over an hour using one and it was pretty apparent that the stock filter centers were not happening for bass. So I don't know why you prefer the standard MURF, but I can't see any way that it would be better for bass than the new Bass MURF. All in all, a goofy kind of filter, and I recommend trying one first or getting one with a good return policy.

3. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
  4. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Use mine all the time. The trick is in finding your setting and that ain't easy.

5. i have one and love it. but then again i spend a lot of time tinkering around to get weird sounds. the non-bass murf does seem to work better when i use it with my sg or les paul 6 string guitar. but like lbanks said you can mess around and find cool stuff with it. but it isn't a cheap pedal so i strongly suggest trying before you buy.