Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Muse - Absolution

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by David Wilson, Aug 12, 2003.

1. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I know this isn't, ahem, officially out yet.

Anyone else heard it?

So far, I wouldn't say it's hugely different to 'Origin Of Symmetry' but they're definitely maturing in terms of songwriting.

Some very cool Chris W bass stuff, particularly the bass line to 'Time Is Running Out'

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    bump because Im loving every song on this album (which rarely happens to me)

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah, muse is great, this is a very good album.(from what I've heard)

really creative stuff.

4. Really?? I have it for like a month here in Australia...im annoyed i cant go see there sideshow for the big day out..its the night before school starts again and there isnt enough good bands to pay the money to go to the big day out

Anyways the album is really good...they have a unique sound but lots of the songs are different which is also good
    The DVD that comes with album is great aswell...usually dvds with cds are really short but this one goes for about 40 mins and is a doco of them making the album and they have clips from writing every song on the album

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Well, I did originally start the thread in August :)

I think this is their most overall consistent album. Still loving it.

6. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Absolution is a great cd.

Muse concert in Iceland tonight! ..too bad I can't go..

7. Sorry...i should really look at the date before posting :D

Anyways yeahs its a great CD

8. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    big muse fan here!

a friend of mine here at college got me into them. he is a muse fiend! when the cd came out if england in september he had his friend's aunt who lives in londo buy it and mail it to him. i've heard the tracks and man it's their best work yet!

-jimbo

9. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    'time is running out' is constantly being played on the radio in australia, and im loving it. i love the funky bass lines with overdrive. in one of their songs they apartenty put steel bits (screws, nuts, bolts) in the strings of the piano and on top of the piano to get a distorted sound.