1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Muse - Hysteria

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Subculture13, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Does anybody know what effects, particularily the fuzz/overdrive used by Muse's bassist on the above track?

What about his gear in general? What bass and amp. I've been after the holy grail of overdrive for years and that song almost exactly nails what I have been after for my sound.

2. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Awesome! Thank you so much. I am dying to see them live, but they aren't very well known here so don't come over that much.

Seeing this rig is such a vindication for me. Back when I gigged regularily and such I had a monster pedalboard just to get me a few tones. I swore that I needed 3 or 4 different boxes just to get a good OD, or "the right" tone to the chorus/flange, etc. I may be the only one that could hear the subtle differences, but it is me that gets inspired by that tone, so that is all that mattered. If I knew exactly what he used to get that Hysteria tone, I'd buy it and incorporate it into my present rig.