Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Muse

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Squice, Dec 10, 2003.

1. I need to know what effects he´s using in Hysteria and Time is running out? These songs are next on my bands playlist, so at least i need some effect that could take my as close as i can get soundvise..

my best regards.

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    He mainly uses a Big Muff for distortion, and gets the clean/distortion blend by splitting his signal to two amps.

3. Just what i thought. But like Time is running out it sounds like some synth wibe going on to, it´s more like some synth with a little bit of dist... But Hysteria its more like Fuzz/dist with a little bit of something else.. whether that is a synth or not.. The only effect i got this moment is Boss ODB-3.. Am i right about the synth thing or? if so wich synth would be best to get to do the job?

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    If you do a search on Chris on this forum, you'll find some threads talking about his effects etc. Someone had a shot of his pedal board, and I'm certain he had an Akai Deep Impact on there for synth stuff.

5. That must be a fairly old pedalboard shot, I saw them on CD:UK recently (doing Hysteria) and if pedal board looked huge, maybe a meter across!

:eek:

Mind, Matt's looked even bigger.......

6. The synth-effect on the " Time is running out " song is not the bassguitar b.t.w, allthough they make it look like so in the video.

Chriss uses a " Virus Indigo " for it.

[​IMG]

7. is that an inhaler on his pedal board? lol

8. He was on bass for that one when I saw them live...

:)