Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mushroomhead XIII

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Joe Turski, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Just picked this up last night, not bad at all!

The more I listen to it, the more I like it!

Track listing,

1. Killing tomorrow
    2. Sun dosen't rise
    3. Mother machine gun
    4. Nowhere to go
    5. Becoming cold
    6. One more day
    7. The dream is over
    8. The war inside
    9. Almost gone
    10.Eternal
    11.Our own way
    12.Destroy the world around me
    13.XIII (Thirteen)

For those who have never heard of Mushroomhead, check out their website Mushroomhead (One little popup comes through)

I know alot of people that say that they are nothing but a Slipknot ripoff band. This is just NOT the case. I love Slipknot, but Mushroomhead IMO are much more musical.
    If you're into heavy music, I highly recommend this recording.

[​IMG]

2. Yeah, my friend intro'd me to mushroomhead, i thought they were going to be slipknot (hey they look very very similar) i was pretty surprised to hear a metal band with a keyboard (i think the name of the other one i know is called faith no more) anyways, i don't think they do anything very technical, but they make good metal music nonetheless. i rank them high in metal, over bands like hatebreed and definatly metallica's new stuff. sorry metallica, i don't know what happened either. i can see mushroomhead getting more famous in the few years.
    Charlie

3. more people would take them seriously if they didn't look so dumb

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    eh?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

that's just silly.:D

5. I have to wonder if these guys named themselves after the awesome Can song called "Mushroom Head," or they just wanted something that sounds cool.

6. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    I remember hearing somewhere that they were actually around before Slipknot.

I've heard some of their music, and I wasn't too impressed. Maybe I just haven't heard the right things, but to me the riffs were VERY repetitive and not even that hard. "World of the LSD User" was the only one (that I've heard) that I found even halfway interesting.

superbassman2000, check out these metal bands, they use keyboards:

Dimmu Borgir
    Borknagar
    Dark Tranquility
    Soilwork
    Children of Bodom
    Rhapsody
    Luca Turilli
    Gravity Kills
    Amorphis(a few songs)

I know there are more but right now the names escape me...anybody know of any more?

Peter McSmug, I would tell you but I haven't a clue.

7. Okay, how many members are in Mushroom head, and what do they all do?

8. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Yep

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    eh? Residents were around before any of them :p

10. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I like their music, way more then slipknot. Their cd has, for the past 3 and a half weeks, been my bus ride music, and home jam music. They are still going strong, they might even knock Nothingface off of their high pedalstal of 7 weeks.

11. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Eight,

Pig Benis- BASS
    J. Mann- Vocals
    Jeffery Nothing- Vocals
    Bronson- Guitars
    Gravy- Guitars
    DJ Stitch- Samples
    Skinny- Drums
    Shmotz- Keyboards

There, that covers it! :)

12. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    It's sad that everything revolves around image. :meh:

I don't care what a band looks like, I care about what they're playing.

13. fenbull

fenbull

Oct 31, 2003
    Akron ohio
    aww Mushroomhead i know them well. They are a huge hit here in Ohio.... C- town and if you ever get to see one of their shows it is not to be missed ...great stage show and the girls at the end WHOA NELLIE....I remember many nights when i did stage security for them...the cuts brusises a broken bone or two scantly clad ladies... sex you name it very wild and a jammin band who sound good no matter where they play.They were a hit at the last ozzfest on stage two and i hope they get to the top of the masked music market. They were around for years before Slipknot and turned away roadrunner for a record deal...the next thing you know roadrunner finds a strange group calling themselves slipknot with masks and 8 members...gee it seems RR needed the look and made up a band for themselves? This has never set well in C-town or with the band.

14. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    i love mushroomhead. they are IMO by far the best of the "nu metal" bands

15. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Look into a band called American Head Charge also. They use both keyboards and synthesizers. Also their vocalist was very influenced by Mike Patton of Faith No More.

Dog Fashion Disco is another good band to look into, though they are not "nationally" known. They do however tour at least 9 months out of the year in the U.S. it seems.:cool:

16. fenbull

fenbull

Oct 31, 2003
    Akron ohio
    Fix, I have seen both American headcharge and DFD who has opened for Mush in the past here in c-town both are cool. Mushroomhead just played in C-town at the old club i worked at and were cool enough to give the first 1000 fans a free tic to a show that is privite for them and i think it is tonight in c-town. they are a very hard working and touring band and cool guys too.