1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Music 123 15% Off on a $149.99+ Purchase

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by kenstee, May 16, 2011.

1. kenstee

kenstee

Oct 9, 2009
    Good one!! Use code "mayfb" at checkout. Not sure of expiration date.

2. boynamedsuse

boynamedsuse Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Thanks for the tip!

3. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Doesn't work on a new or used Music man Stingray 5

4. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    With these coupon code deals, the company is contractually prohibited from publishing the deal on certain brands--but they will give you the deal if you call them on the phone! Allowing it to appear in an internet shopping cart is a form of publication. :) Call them.

5. Tmw2011

Tmw2011

Feb 23, 2011
    Edmond, OK
    Does this work as well if you buy in-store from GC? I've always wondered what use all these coupons were when they have an exclusion list a mile long (which contains any and every brand I'd purchase, of course).

6. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    Gretsch is excluded but they still honored thediscount in-store. Unfortunately it was only 10%. Once in a while they'll offer 20% coupons. If you're willing to wait for the 20% coupon get on the gc e-mailing list.

7. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix When the music's over, turn out the lights... Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    near Dallas, Texas
    I wish I would've known about this before I purchased my Genz Benz combo with the price quote.

8. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks!

9. kenstee

kenstee

Oct 9, 2009
    If you purchased it within the last few weeks call them to see if they will refund the difference. Some places do offer price protection for first 30 or 45 days after purchase. Worth a try....

10. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yes, it works. The issue is whether a price is "published" or "advertised", not whether you actually get the deal.

Now, in both on-phone and in-store cases, you may run into a low level employee who says "no that brand is excluded"--but if that happens, you just ask to speak to their manager, and get the deal from them.

11. Tmw2011

Tmw2011

Feb 23, 2011
    Edmond, OK
    Thanks much, Bongo!... Hmm... Now I need to decide if I want to actually give GC my business... Hurm. (Luckily they most often don't have any basses I actually want/like in stock at the one near me anyway... Go figure)

12. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    Awesome! I just scored a Mono Case Dual gig bag for $245! Thanks!

13. moggieman

moggieman

Jan 25, 2009
    just picked up an acoustic b115 for $170!

14. glenb73

glenb73

Dec 18, 2010
    kenstee, thanks a lot for this code. I used it at music123 and I also used another coupon code (m123save) that gave me an additional $20 off. For some reason the online system allowed me to use two coupons. I just got the deal of a lifetime on a cab!

15. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix When the music's over, turn out the lights... Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    near Dallas, Texas
    I tried but it didn't work. He said I already got over $400 off the regular price and they don't combine discounts/offers.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by morrisonhendrix View Post
    I wish I would've known about this before I purchased my Genz Benz combo with the price quote.

If you purchased it within the last few weeks call them to see if they will refund the difference. Some places do offer price protection for first 30 or 45 days after purchase. Worth a try....

16. kenstee

kenstee

Oct 9, 2009
    Well, their site says this. Call again and speak to someone else......

Retroactive Price Matching
    Published 05/15/2007 09:31 AM | Updated 08/29/2010 04:34 PM

The price on an item I recently ordered is lower now than when I ordered it. I'd like to get the lower price. Is this possible?

Music123 prides itself in offering the lowest prices in the industry. If we lower a price within 45 days of your purchase, we want to extend that discount to you! Simply e-mail us or call our customer service team at 888-566-6123 to request that the difference be refunded. Items marked as "closeout", "blowout", or "special sale", etc. may not be eligible.

17. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I haven't seen a 20% coupon since last year from Bain stores.

And the problem with calling is that you can't get the additional online discounts from stuff like eBates.