1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Music business

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Ric5, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    Here's an interesting Van Halen and band dialogue about the music business ...

2. DaDrew2112

DaDrew2112

Apr 7, 2011
    Rochester
    I couldn't stand David Lee Roth.

3. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    Go to the part where they said their record went platium and they just finished touring for a year and the record company tells them you owe us a million dollars, and you have 3 weeks to deliver a second record.

4. DaDrew2112

DaDrew2112

Apr 7, 2011
    Rochester
    No i watched the whole thing. It's quite interesting indeed. I can't stand that dude though.

5. BKuettel

BKuettel

Apr 8, 2011
    Oneonta, NY
    Theres a reason why its called the MUSIC BUSINESS. Doesn't surprise me though. Its something banks and big businesses like Proactive have mastered to the tee. Thats unfortunate for van halen, but they can just go on another tour and make 15 million back. I feel bad for up and coming bands who just got a taste of "making it big" only to have their noses rubbed in the dirt by music labels and businesses.

I understand big business, but not for music. Why make songs cost money? Why hold bands to meet record producing requirements? And the biggest one of all...

WHY PIDGEON-HOLE BANDS WITH GENRES!?!?!?! "Oh im sorry, your not a pop singer. Therefore we have no place signing your band." So dumb. So stupid. If a band is good, then they should be signed. Music companies make stupid musicians *cough katy perry cough* sound good by promoting them. Especially when most of the music is auto-tuned and requires no skill/talent to play. They are just in it for the money, but isnt every business practically in it for the money? Make money off of other peoples misfortunes or stupidity.