1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Music education: should art and performance be taught in schools?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by JimmyM, Apr 19, 2010.

1. engedi1

engedi1

Sep 16, 2005
    Nashville
    Not yet. But soon!

2. THand

THand

Jun 9, 2008
    Well, while we wait for Jeff's return, I will butt-in and say that I am booked and will be there in Sept.

Anybody else from TB booked yet?

3. wade_b

wade_b

Jul 8, 2008
    I sure hope he wants to return.

I step away for a few days and come back to discover that he has been banned.

I won't question it, but at the same time....WOW....just....WOW.:scowl:

4. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification

The rules are for everyone.

5. wade_b

wade_b

Jul 8, 2008
    Right.

It's just a shame, because it seemed that his tone and approach had become much more "open", and there were a lot of really meaningful conversations going on.

I guess he slipped up even so, though I didn't really see it play out.

I really hope he'll choose to come back - his presence here inspired many, myself included and really added value to this sometimes stagnant forum.

With all due respect, I tend to agree with some of his views about the moderation here: it does SEEM that some regulars are allowed more leeway in terms of toeing the line with trolling. Maybe the best way (for users) to deal with this is to treat it like basketball: don't let someone draw the contact and get you whistled for the foul.

Case in point: there was a thread where I gave my opinion on Prince being over-rated. A certain user then came along and insulted my playing as his response to that: he came right out and said that he had listened to my playing and found it not worthy of me having that opinion of Prince.

I'm sorry, but in my view that cat should have been banned, and he was not. (Personally, I don't like to see anyone get banned. But if you are going to apply the rules, then as you say: they should apply to everybody, and insulting a user is a TOS violation last I checked)

Just my take: you guys have a tough job no doubt.

Take care, and I'll say no more on this subject.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    to get a person infracted, you have to report them pretty much, although i'm sure i've gotten infracted without anyone reporting me ;)

they may not infract everyone for everything, but they will catch up to people eventually. i have been thrown off 4 times, for example. so don't worry...brad's time is coming ;)

7. nic salsus

nic salsus

Mar 16, 2010
    So, do you feel that has put you behind in your daily average 17.75 posts?
    Or do you generally ramp up after the cuffs come off an make up fer lost time?

8. THand

THand

Jun 9, 2008
    Jimmy, how long do these periods of being banned last? Is there a standard they go by, or is it a case-by-case type thing?

I guess my productivity at work is about to go up this week. ;)

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    i usually ramp up. the day after a ban's lifted i'll throw down as many as 80 or 90 posts in a day for the next 3 months.

:spit:

wow, i have to get that average down, bro. i try to slow down sometimes, but i guess i'm just one of those people who knows an inordinate amount of stuff and i can't bear to deny the world my gifts. yes, it's just crazy how i can be so gifted. real crazy. like mentally unstable crazy. why did i have to be good at talkbass? why can't i be good at something useful that makes money?

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    usually a week. there was one that got ugly and ended up lasting a month and was almost perm. but this place is too high profile for me to stay away ;)

11. nic salsus

nic salsus

Mar 16, 2010
    Not me my friend.
    If someone doesn't want me around the door don't hit my ass on the way out.
    I ever get banned you won't see me around...nope....adios.....nice knowin' ya........outtie..........better things to do.........smell ya later fools...........
    {sigh}
    i'm pathetic

12. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    hahaha! ok, nic ;)