Music Exam

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by God_of_bass, Feb 7, 2003.

1. How do you
    A) stop the panic attacks
    B) Nightmares
    C) anxiety
    before the exam, and how do you
    A) stop the shaking
    B) control the nerves
    c) play to your ability
    in the exam?
    i'm so worried its not even funny..
    How do you guys deal with it?
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    What happens if you don't pass? They shave your head and send you to Iraq?
  3. HA

No worse.. it would be the thought of having spent so many months sitting in my room learning God awful cheesy songs to backing tracks when i could have been workin on something else.
    Also its cost alot of money on lessons, books, exam fees and (soon to come) a private shrink.
  4. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    In a word...... RELAX! You'll be fine. Go out there and enjoy the music, try and have fun with it and don't think about anything other than passing the exam.

The mind is a very powerful thing....If you focus on what will happen if you fail, chances are you will do exactly that.......
  5. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Music exams as long as you study are no different than any other exam.. In fact.. i find them much easier.. since its something that interests me (and its one of my majors) I tend to take more time to study it anyways..
  6. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i dont understand what kind of music exam this is. Is it a theory type test of a playing test. If its a playing test i personally think thats sorta stupid. You should never have to put yourself in a situation playing wise you dont feel comfortable in, or want to be in. Im not always super comfortable in a band situation but i do it cuz i want to do it and its fun. If your not having fun and you dont want to be there then why do it at all? Music is supposed to be fun.
  7. its a practical and theory exam, it will look damn good on my CV and its a challenge.. i believe it's good to test yourself.