Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Music for 6 basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sneaky pete, Feb 18, 2002.

1. sneaky pete

sneaky pete

Feb 10, 2002
    Yakima, WA
    I arranged 7 tunes (jazz/latin/funk) for 6 bassists and drums recently and I have an interesting propostion for anyone out there...

I put a group together here at CWU in washington and arranged some stuff for us. All the files are finale 3.5 (old school!) and I'd be happy to email them out (snail mail works too). The catch is, I need some kind of recording, cassette, cd, minidisk, vhs, low quality/high quality, doesn't matter. But I just want to hear what others have done w/ the music.

The tunes themselves aren't too hard but not mickey mouse either. The 1st player needs a 6 w/ 24 frets, 2nd player needs a 4 w/ 24 frets. The 6th player needs a 5 (for the low notes). It's fun just to get together and play it and more for to gig w/ it. So happy reading all...

pete

2. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    :confused:

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    sounds interesting. where are the links to the files?

4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    hmm...that sounds really cool. maybe i'll bring them into my bass masterclass and have us all have a go with them. no one has a 6 though :(

jason

5. does the player need a 6 because of the high notes only?......cos u could string a 5 with a high C...or perhaps use a piccolo bass?

*Si*

6. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I'd love to multi-track 'em with me on all the basses :D mine, I tell you, alllllll mine!

7. i just stubbed my toe on the doorframe...GODDAMMIT!.....that really hurt :(

.... i need to try and get some recording equipment....cos wen i get my piccolo project finished..i'll have normal 5 string, fretless, and piccolo...all the textures for a nice multitracking bonanza :)

*Si*

8. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    This is a double post, although I understand why you'd want both the DB ang BG forums to have it.

What we need is an "In between" forum, where info pertaining to both instruments could be posted.

9. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
  10. sneaky pete

sneaky pete

Feb 10, 2002
    Yakima, WA
    Sorry to all who have been waiting for music... I have rewritten most of the parts (after the gig no doubt). Anyway, I'll try to get them out, I don't know how to post them on any sites yet but I can learn. I'm doing some concerts in boston next week, so if you don't hear from me that what's up.

pete

BTW The parts can be played on piccolo, upright, 6 string, 2 string whatever. The 1st part has high C's in it (2nd line above treble clef) and part 6 has low C's and D's. Besides, why would anyone want to play anything other than 6?