Music for the afterlife

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by John-Paul666, Jul 23, 2005.

1. I know this sounds pretty sick but would anbody have their first bass or their favorite bass bass buried with you when you pass away?
  2. I don't know about what I want when I die, but here's what will probably end up happening regardless.

I'll be put directly in a casket with my bass, squashed by one of those giant machines you see in the movies used to turn automobiles into cubes, and buried beneath two guitars and a bass drum.
  3. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I've already instructed my daughter and my wife that I am to be buried with my fretless Jazz.
  4. Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005

Personally I don't want to be buried with anything. I'd rather that friends or relatives get some use out of my basses if they're so inclined. If they're not so inclined, sell everything and have a party. :)
  5. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    Thought about it. Depends on what age i die. After one of my friends died [Bari player in the school big band i played w/-he's the David De May in my sig], i thought about "what if i died during high school?" and well-i wanted my family to donate my gear to the school in hopes that somebody would get some good out of it.

If i die during college-well, my 'rents are still going to be alive, so some of my gear to my dad's house for his plant shelf and some of it back to my mom's house so she can do as she pleases with it.

After my 'rents die [the creepy thought]-if i don't have kids, donate my gear to my high school. If i do have kids-give them my gear.

The goal: to make it past 35. :bassist:
  6. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

How would you feel if when your bass dies, you get burried with it? Eh?
  7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I wonder if Hell really has a Squirrel Nut Zippers soundtrack?
  8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I was actually thinking that when I die my bones should be carved up to make inlays and the nut for some radical death bass.
  9. i would instruct my family to sell my bass on ebay and say that it used to belong to fender standard fretless jazz should rake in about 4...maybe 5 grand...