Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

music-go-round vs. eBay

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Jan 30, 2006.

1. hello all,
    well, i have been thinking about starting over with my gear. I am going to keep my HCB bass and my ART Nightbass SE but getting rid of the rest. I have too much stuff for my current projects! anyways, there is a local m-g-r and there is also ebay.
    which would you guys is better to deal with?
    i like the idea of MGR because i don't need to find a box, get out to ship it, no costs for getting rid of it, but ebay can (potentially) get me more money...

any opinions?

Charlie

2. irjason

irjason Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    It depends on how much you want to get out of your stuff. I sold my last combo amp to Music Go Round because I wasn't playing at the time and had never really liked the sound of it.
    They only gave me 1/4 what I paid, and probably half what I could have got if I would have sold it myself. But it wasn't in my house anymore, and I got it out of the way fast.
    I don't regret it, but you might if your gear is worth very much. If you don't want the hassle you could try I Sold It. They do eBay consighnment sales. I've never tried it, but it may be worth your time.
    EDIT: I think there are some other companies that do the same thing too.