Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

music in "spank the monkey" game

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slick519, Jan 12, 2003.

1. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
  2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    That would be rappers delight (or delite, not sure how the million bands that have covered it spell it)

Yes, cool groove.

3. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    thank you ever so much, that has made my day:D

slicks

4. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Actually, it would be "Good Times" by Chic. That was the original tune sampled by Sugar Hill Gang to create "Rapper's Delight". I normally wouldn't be so anal about it, except that when you do spank the monkey, you hear the vocal chorus "Good Times....Theses are the Good Times" and you would not hear that on "Rapper's Delight".

Pick up the "Best of Chic" CD and you'll get that and about 10 other seriously cool grooves.

Peace,

James

5. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Fun song, but soooo played out by every coverband I have ever heard. It was a cool groove the first few times I heard it. Then it just got annoying. Especially when everyone would scream at the top of their lungs when they hear it starting :rolleyes:

6. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    WOW, so sorry to give such false information like that! I know in come countries, they can cut your fingers off for such offenses! I played the game ONE time a couple weeks ago....and am not familiar with "chic". He asked where you could find the groove, and I answered him to the best of my knowedge......trying to be helpful. Like I said, the groove has been covered a couple thousand times.

7. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    ANBassist, I just sent you a PM.

Peace,

James