Music Man 15RH

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Microbass, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Sorry guys, but as you may guess, in the process of a newbie rig obsession, you're gunna get a lot of questions from lil' ol me. :)

Browsing ebay again today, I found a 15" MM cab thats looks pretty pristine!

Ive been reading that you folks don't feel a single 2x10 can really push on a gig, so I've added in the possibility of going for a 15 first, then addding a 2x10 or 4x10 - thoughts? Theres still a chance I could pick up a trace 2x10 and still get this baby.

I havent been able to find the thread that had a crapload of EB reviews so far, so if anyone has the link, plz pass it on?

Anyway, I'd be using the Eb 15RD with a Trace AH250 and GP12SMX amp. My sound is generally made thru' a trace 4x10 and 15, but I do like many tones. As long as I can get a good attack, punch and for the cab to be able to handle boosted mid highs and lows, generally a good range of tone id be happy, for a while. Thoughts? cheers! :)
  2. in the for t3h bump.

sorry to be a pain guys. :)
    i cant find anything on this cab, I've mailed the seller for specifics (power, "ohmage" ;), weight etc)..

3. fourstring44

Jul 22, 2003
    St. Louis
    For whatever it's worth. I think most single 15 cabs will do wht your after. And yes, I would reccomend adding one to your 2X10 rig. I actualy had two of those CAB's along with the HD130 amp head. I bought the rig new, when it first came out. I remember it sounded fabulous, but seemed a little lacking in power. I never tried the Cabs with another head, so I am probably not much help. Like I said earlier though, probably any 1X15 cab will do the trick for you, so if you feel you are getting a good deal on it, I don't think you will be dissatisfied.

4. JazzbassArt

Dec 12, 2004
    Andover, MN
    I used one of those in 1980, with an Acoustic 370, and a Precision. It worked, but I didn't especially care for the tonal quality. Please bear with me, it was 25 years ago. I remember that it wasn't a stand alone, so your idea of building one cab at a time makes sense.