Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Music Man 15RH

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Microbass, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Sorry guys, but as you may guess, in the process of a newbie rig obsession, you're gunna get a lot of questions from lil' ol me. :)

Browsing ebay again today, I found a 15" MM cab thats looks pretty pristine!
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58719&item=3780499242&rd=1

Ive been reading that you folks don't feel a single 2x10 can really push on a gig, so I've added in the possibility of going for a 15 first, then addding a 2x10 or 4x10 - thoughts? Theres still a chance I could pick up a trace 2x10 and still get this baby.

I havent been able to find the thread that had a crapload of EB reviews so far, so if anyone has the link, plz pass it on?

Anyway, I'd be using the Eb 15RD with a Trace AH250 and GP12SMX amp. My sound is generally made thru' a trace 4x10 and 15, but I do like many tones. As long as I can get a good attack, punch and for the cab to be able to handle boosted mid highs and lows, generally a good range of tone id be happy, for a while. Thoughts? cheers! :)

2. in the for t3h bump.

sorry to be a pain guys. :)
    i cant find anything on this cab, I've mailed the seller for specifics (power, "ohmage" ;), weight etc)..

:bassist:

3. fourstring44

fourstring44

Jul 22, 2003
    St. Louis
    For whatever it's worth. I think most single 15 cabs will do wht your after. And yes, I would reccomend adding one to your 2X10 rig. I actualy had two of those CAB's along with the HD130 amp head. I bought the rig new, when it first came out. I remember it sounded fabulous, but seemed a little lacking in power. I never tried the Cabs with another head, so I am probably not much help. Like I said earlier though, probably any 1X15 cab will do the trick for you, so if you feel you are getting a good deal on it, I don't think you will be dissatisfied.

_Curt

4. JazzbassArt

JazzbassArt

Dec 12, 2004
    Andover, MN
    I used one of those in 1980, with an Acoustic 370, and a Precision. It worked, but I didn't especially care for the tonal quality. Please bear with me, it was 25 years ago. I remember that it wasn't a stand alone, so your idea of building one cab at a time makes sense.