Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Music Man Audiophile cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Micolao, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    Anyone have Audiophile cabs?
    I found a 2x12 and a 4x10 used and if possible I want some impressions by the users before choose one of them.
    And some pics too!!! :p :D
    They're 8 or 4 ohm?

2. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    Hey you!!!! :mad:

Yes you!!!
    I'm talking to you!!! :mad:

I've seen you!!!
    :scowl:
    You got an Audiophile cab!!! So why don't you answer my question??? :spit:

:p :D

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I had a 212 for a while. They are nice cabinets. TONS of bottom end. The major drawback is they are HEAVY. I swear my 212 had to be close to 100 lbs. They were all 8 ohm to my knowledge. Ernie Ball closed them out a while back and they were going for insanely low prices.

4. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    I own the HD-210. I use it with an Aguilar AG-500 for practice and smaller gigs and it is a great cab. Lots of lows for a 2x10. Also, they're rated at 350 Watts so they can get pretty loud.

Best $250 I ever spent!

5. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    Thank you ;)

No one else?

6. I have three of the 2x12's and if I ever find a fourth, I'll pick it up. They're great sounding cabs, but as previously mentioned, VERY heavy. The handles don't really help much either. They're the only cabs I've ever encountered that were easier to lift in their shipping box! They've got plenty of bottom and are flat sounding down to low D on a five string or detuned four string and usable below that. I love the midrange driver; it has great presence without the fork-on-a-plate clank of horns in most bass cabs.

7. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I have the 2/12 & the 2/10, I got them when they where being blown out by Ernie Ball at insane prices. They are very nice cabs! The 2/12 has the 6" speaker for hi-end, and sounds very smooth......there aren't any hi attenuaters on these cabs, but they seemed to be voiced very well.
    The drivers are made by B&C out of Italy, and sound great! The only downside on these cabs to me, are as Cheezwiz aleady mentioned is the weight, I keep mine at various. rehearsal spots so I don't have to move them.

8. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    Thank you guys,
    I have the opportunity to buy a 2x12 a 2x10 and a 4x10 in a local store at good prices (I'm in Italy...40 km from the Markbass factory, the Audiophile are built by the ex Parsek, actually MarkBass :p ).
    Here they are (2x12-4x10 and also the head)
    [​IMG]
    but I want to know some opinions from real users about these cabs, cause you know, sometimes tryng cabs in a store it's not really helpful, you cannot prove them at high volumes and for the right amount of time etc...

any other opinion is well accepted ;)

9. ale_vanlager

ale_vanlager

Jun 30, 2004
    Buffalo NY
    Hey,

I have a 2X12 and I love it! I would have liked to get a 2X10 to go with it. The 4X10 is sweet because it has Neo speakers on it. Not sure about the weight though.

10. Secondhandloser

Secondhandloser

Mar 28, 2005
    I used 'em once...
    didn't have the money to buy at the time.
    Now I can't find 'em.
    Some of my fave cabs.

11. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Well I "really used" mine on gigs, and they sounded great! :)

12. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Look in the classified section. I'm selling one there. The price is negotiable, so keep that in mind, it's just a starting point.

Musicman Audiophile HD212.

13. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I own the 2x10 and the 2x12 cabinets. They both sound very good to me. The low B sounds clear, full, and powerful. They are solid and seem to be constructed very well.
    The 2x12 is similiar in weight (96 lbs) to many 4x10 cabinets, for comparision:
    Eden is 95 lbs
    the SWR Goliath III right at 90 lbs
    SWR WorkingPro 97 lbs

14. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy

I've seen the cab...but...

I'm in Italy... :meh: what about the shipping costs, taxes (for me it's 20% of the declaired)?