SOLD Music Man Bongo 5 HH

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by azm892, Jan 17, 2021.

1. azm892

azm892 Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2019
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    IMG_5200.jpg Selling my Sky Blue 5-string Ernie Ball Music Man Bongo with two humbuckers. The Bongo is Music Man's rendition of a bold, modern-styled bass. I bought the bass new in August 2019 and toured with it for half a year. It was well-played, and also well-taken care of. It is a very playable, lightweight bass, which was good for standing with on stage for hours. It is in excellent condition, with no sound problems. The bass is very comfortable to play and the neck feels great. The tone shaping options are extensive with the 4-band EQ and pickup blend. The neck is straight, the frets are in great condition, the truss rod works well, and there is no buzzing. The only issues are cosmetic, as there is one noticeable chip in the finish at the bottom horn of the guitar body and one on the side of the neck under the frets. The bass comes strung with GHS Bass Boomers (but could use a restringing). I replaced the original pickguard with the one pictured here, but will give you the original white pickguard with the bass in case you want to change it. The bass comes with the original hardshell Music Man Case pictured. The case has some scratches, but is in great condition structurally.

Basswood body -- lightweight and resonant
    2 Music Man Neodymium humbucking pickups -- these pack a serious punch with great clarity
    18V Music Man preamp w/4-band EQ
    Master volume and pickup blend control knobs
    Gloss-finished maple neck
    Rosewood fretboard
    Built in the U.S.A.

$1600 including shipping to CONUS

Please contact me with any questions.

IMG_5197.jpg IMG_5211.jpg IMG_5212.jpg IMG_5213.jpg IMG_5214.jpg IMG_5216.jpg IMG_5217.jpg IMG_5218.jpg IMG_5219.jpg IMG_5220.jpg IMG_5221.jpg IMG_5222.jpg IMG_5223.jpg IMG_5224.jpg IMG_5225 2.jpg IMG_5226.jpg View attachment 4131288 IMG_5248.jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    donkeygrl, JeffJ2112 and JReno like this.
  2. AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Detroit Metro, MI USA
    My Bongo 5HH is the one I'll never let go of. Great color! GLWS!

3. BrentB

BrentB Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Huntington WV
    Agreed, I have the same 5HH in tangerine pearl. I don't plan to ever let her go. Beautiful in every aspect IMO.

4. azm892

azm892 Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2019
    Just reduced the price, as I need to make space for a new arrival

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021