Music Man Bongo Signal Problems

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ebanizer6, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Ebanizer6

Ebanizer6

Nov 24, 2019
    I just want to know if this is a problem with all Bongo Basses or just mine. So it started around the end of August when I was just playing somewhere and I go to plug in and I notice that there's no signal going to the amp so I figured that the battery's in it must be dead. So when I get home, I check my amp and the signal is going through. I'm not sure why, but at some places, signal goes through well, but then at other places, I usually need a pedal to get signal through. I wanna know if anyone else who uses a Bongo Bass has run into this problem before.

2. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Never had a problem with the pair of Bongo’s I own. Were you using the same instrument cable in both locations?

3. Ebanizer6

Ebanizer6

Nov 24, 2019
    Different cables. Though because of this problem, I've been bringing a cable and Pedal with me when I have to play bass since it seems to work when the signal goes through a pedal.

4. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Possibly a faulty cable.

5. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Westchester, NY
    Bad cable or bad output jack.

6. vinnie6

vinnie6

Dec 25, 2011
    IL
    I would suspect the output jack. Rub a q tip soaked in tv tuner cleaner or denatured alcohol in there. It will come out dirty. Try not to Snag any cotton in there.

7. Ebanizer6

Ebanizer6

Nov 24, 2019
    I assume its an electronic problem with the Bass its self cause when I went to guitar center to show them the problem, I decided to demonstrate the problem for them by slapping it and the signal cut out for a few seconds.

8. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Westchester, NY
    Start with the output jack. It's the cheapest and easiest thing to replace.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2021