1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Music Man Classsic SR4 (Lake Placid Blue)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Joebone, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I'm offering a Music Man SR4 Classic. It is in Lake Placid Blue, with rosewood fingerboard, and two pickguards: tortise and white.

For pictures, go to http://gallery.me.com/joebone1

This is a great axe, with the slab body, alnico pickups and string-mute bridge that harken back to the original Stingrays of yore. It is not light, but that mass likely has something to do with the excellent sound. Nice birdseye maple on the neck and headstock, and I understand this finish is a rare item, from a small custom run for Guitar Center.

The bass is beautifully built, with killer fretwork and attention to detail. And as you can see from the pictures, it is virtually mint. I have it set up with R. Cocco nickel rounds, and it sounds great...but the Stingray thing is not the sound that works best for me.

Offering for $1300 shipped CONUS, which is what I paid when buying it from a fellow TB-er not too long ago. Includes the original fiber case, case candy and a package of Ernie Ball strings.

2. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Bump

3. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    "Thanks-for-the-trade-offers, but-looking-for-cash" bump.

4. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Bumpin' toward the weekend...

5. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    So I hear ebay has changed their rules, such that sales from the US to abroad no longer work through USPS if the item is worth more than $650.00. This is bogus! I've shipped many valuable basses abroad via USPS, without problems, and they are a whole lot cheaper than the commercial services.

So to be clear, I'm willing to ship abroad, with my usual stipulations:

1. You pay for the item, shipping and insurance via paypal prior to shipping, and please don't ask for outrageous mis-statements of value for customs purposes.

2. You expressly bear all risk of loss or damage. I'll insure as much as I can, per your payment re same.

If you can bear paying UPS DHL or FedEx prices, that's an option. If you can live with the $650 insurance cap from USPS (and if your country will accept a full-sized bass box per the USPS website), I'm willing to ship pretty much anywhere via USPS.

So here is a chance for our non-US brothers-in-bass to take advantage of current exchange rates.

Oh, yeah...bump.

6. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    bump...

7. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Sunday-evening bump.

8. lavmonga

lavmonga Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2007
    New York, NY
    [​IMG]

Wow. Bump.

9. T40Chump

T40Chump

Jul 12, 2008
    Plano, TX
    The "oh my" bump...

10. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Sunday-evening bump...

Let's get something going before ebay happens...

(Yes, ebay is indeed a four-letter word...)

11. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Dude, that's a really cool color for a Stingray. Never seen in that, go figure.

BTW, I just shipped a bass internationally with a company called www.shipito.com

It actually came out well for me and the pricing was really good.

12. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I read somewhere that this color was a limited run done for Guitar Center.

13. Bump for a beautiful bass and a great guy to deal with. Top shelf all the way!

14. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Last Bump Before Ebay...

15. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    what the heck, ttt for the weekend...