Music Man gig bags

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fred312b, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    (i did do a search on this and didn't find anything)

anyone using one of these? is it good? i've got a sr4 and i want a gig bag and am looking for something better than the cheap gc ones, but not sure if i want to spend the extra $$$ for an undercover bag from bass central... don't need to carry everything in it, just my axe, strap, cable, tune and extra battery- any advice? i already have the music man/skb hsc but looking for something more portable...
  2. 70 bucks for a gig-bag?? maybe its just me but that seems kinda steep for a bag. My sr4 came with a hardshell and its kinda big and bulky but it protect me bass nicely and for that i can manage the cumbersumness(?haha i dont know if that a real word) of it.
  3. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    They're crap. It is the first and only Ernie Ball product I've had that I haven't liked. It is thinly padded, and doesn't conform to the bass well at all. You may as well carry your bass in a big gym bag if you're going to use one.
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Looks like its made by levys, that explains the price.
  5. Coop Soup

Coop Soup

Aug 24, 2005
    I had a Warwick Rockbag for quite awhile... In fact it transported my fretless SR4 to about 65 shows. Held up great. It also carried my Corvette FNA 5 to about 40 shows. I got rid of the bag when I got rid of the Corvette. I'm probably going to buy another one.