1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Music Man HD 150 Bass Head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by jnewmark, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    Up for sale is my Music Man HD 150 bass head. Just back from my tech with the following updates: New SED Winged 6L6 tubes, new main filter caps, and retensioned tube sockets and retainers. The Winged SED 6L6's really beef up the tone, nice and chunky and warm sounding. Some of the numbers on the dials are faded out, along with the front badge, typical wear and tear conditions for a 30 year old amp, but, otherwise, she's good to go. Gotta be a local sale, as I really don't want to take the risk of shipping this head, which weighs about 45 lbs. However, if you want to pay for a UPS Store packing and shipping on your dime, I'll get an estimate and add that to the cost, AT YOUR OWN risk ! Don't want to be responsible for damage in shipping ! If you live in the Cleveland, Detroit, Ann Arbor, Toledo area, I would be willing to drive halfway for delivery. $550. Not really interested in any trades, but you can always try.

Attached Files:

• mm.
      mm.jpg
      File size:
      158.1 KB
      Views:
  2. jnewmark

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Another pic.

Attached Files:

3. jnewmark

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    toobey goodness !

4. 77PBass

77PBass Banned

Dec 5, 2007
    nyc
    Nice!

5. jnewmark

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    new tubes !

6. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Free bump for a killer amp. Hard to find a better amp than this for power tube goodness.

7. My amp tech gave me boxes for my 300T! Ask around amp repair shops if they have any extra packing materials lying around, never know they may have a back room full that they've been waiting to get rid of.. Otherwise I'd recommend FedEx/kinkos. They do an exceptional packing job and are cheaper in my experience than UPS, just my two cents.. If nothing else free bump on an amp that I've been curious about for awhile, if you were only closer so I could try it out.. :/

8. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    The local UHaul store can be a good source for shipping boxes.

9. jnewmark

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Available

10. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    A piece of history.

11. herrdruhl

herrdruhl Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2007
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    For shipping, you can try double-boxing the amp with plenty of bubble wrap between boxes. Use FedEx if you can, UPS managed to drop and damage the last heavy amp I shipped. I would also pull the tubes and ship them separately.

12. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    bump for great MM head.

13. jasper383

jasper383 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    This is a great deal.

14. jnewmark

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Thanks for the bumps. Everytime I plug this head into my jbl loaded 215, I almost decide to keep it, but, it's a schlepp from hell, and my 64 year old back says no ! I really have looked for all the packing stuff and boxes, but have come to the conclusion that it needs to be professionally boxed and shipped, at least for my peace of mind. By the time I split shipping costs, I'd be losing on the deal. Hell, I've got $100 in it in new tubes alone. But, I'll be glad to take it to the UPS Store for a quote on your dime. I'll yank the tubes and send them to you separately. Gonna be expensive though, especially to the West coast.

15. jnewmark

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    ^ well not as bad as I thought for East of Ohio: about $70, packed insured, and shipped by the UPS store. Might be a little cheaper if shipped to business address. It gets more expensive heading West, with a quote of about $95 for California.

16. jnewmark

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Available. Willing to ship to CON USA.

17. I used to have one of these up until a few months ago. Good bass amp.

For the doublers in the crowd they also make a good guitar amp if matched with a guitar cab. I am not talking "They will do in a pinch" good, I mean the "Holy Crap! That sounds great!" kind of good.

GLWTS.

18. lucyfur

lucyfur Supporting Member

May 7, 2008
    Saranac, Michigan
    PM sent.

19. jnewmark

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    pm answered. on hold, pending payment.

20. lucyfur

lucyfur Supporting Member

May 7, 2008
    Saranac, Michigan
    And now it is mine. Thanks for driving up to Michigan this morning Johnny. Can't wait to try it out with my JBL D140's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.